Highlighted

Camera RAW 12.3 freezing with .NEF files

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after updating to thye latest release I can't work on NEF files in Photoshop due to Camera RAW freezing. The only way out is to terminate the application. I've tried changing the settings to remove the GPU for being used, but that didn't have any effect. I also made the cache bigger. My video card is an NVIDIA 2060 Super with 8GB RAM and the CPU is an Intel I7 8700K with 32 GB RAM.

This is very frustrating. I hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera RAW 12.3 freezing with .NEF files

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after updating to thye latest release I can't work on NEF files in Photoshop due to Camera RAW freezing. The only way out is to terminate the application. I've tried changing the settings to remove the GPU for being used, but that didn't have any effect. I also made the cache bigger. My video card is an NVIDIA 2060 Super with 8GB RAM and the CPU is an Intel I7 8700K with 32 GB RAM.

This is very frustrating. I hope someone can help me.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem, it´s always more than annoying to get a solution from Adobe.  If you ask them its always the computer or windows 10 or what else, never a bug of Adobe. I am waiting since a week. I hope you´ll have more luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I still haven't got a reply from Adobe. By serching online I found a solution. In my case there was a conflict between Adobe Camera RAW 12.3 and Acronis Active Protection which is part of True Image. I found that disabling Acronis Active Protection solved the problem. I also got the same result by adding Photoshop to the list of allowed software. I don't know if you might have the same conlict. I hope you'll solve this frustrating glitch as soon as possible. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

livio11,

This has been frustrating the hell out of me. Thanks for your post! I too use Acronis software for backups and have used the Acronis Active Protection. I turned it off and presto!.... Thanks!!!! - Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
nosomi LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks a lot for your advice, very helpful!!!!. But I am still not a friend of this new Camera raw

Hubert

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have other software to handle problems so with direct RAW images that Photoshop cannot open, that means I open PhotoPaint etc. Message me and bribe me with coffee to convert your image(s).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED: IT WASN'T A PROBLEM WITH PHOTOSHOP BUT RATHER ACRONIS ACTIVE PROTECTION. Had to add Photoshop to the list of allowed programs in Acronis Active Protection. There is another post about Acronis that pointed me to this issue. 

They broke ACR in version 12.3. Every edit I try to do takes forever. Anywhere from 6 seconds for an exposure change to 60 seconds to turn on and off maksing. I don't know what they did to ACR 12.3 but it is broke big time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0