• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera raw 13.2 not showing Super Resolution

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated today and have checked 13.2 installed but no Super Resolution or Enhance options available.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Did you try looking under the .... more options

Capture.jpg

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

If you still aren’t seeing the Enhance command in Camera Raw 13.2 or later…are you:

A) Opening a file in Camera Raw hosted by Photoshop

B) Opening a file in Camera Raw hosted by Bridge

C) Selecting a layer in Photoshop and choosing Filter > Camera Raw Filter

The Enhance command will appear in A and B.

Enhance will not appear in C; it’s one of those few Camera Raw features you can’t apply to a layer in Photoshop using Camera Raw as a filter. You have to open the file in Camera Raw directly, not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the feature may be available when Jpeg and Tiff file are opened through ACR. The Jpeg has lost quality because of the Jpeg Image lossy compressions and both the Jpeg and Tiff Image have has post process processes applied during the conversion process for White balance, exposure conversation, toning, Noise reduction, sharping etc.  What your camera captured has been altered when  the mosaic image was converted to an RGB Image

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tiff and jpeg files will work.

there are now tutorials on youtube showing the correct procedure.

you must open them in photoshop using the 'camera raw' option.

where the file says 'jpeg' or 'tiff' in the open, change that to 'camera raw'.

you do not have to change file handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, got it to work now on my Macbook Pro 2019 so I finally could try it.

I made a comparison to Topaz Gigapixel and will stick to that software. Photoshop produced jaggies so no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you keep the settings of CR in PS-settings at "automatically open all supported jpegs (tiff), it will open in CR-Filter. If you don´t want to enhance just click open and it will open in PS. If you´re using it only from time to time it might be better to keep the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ivartist,

I´m still not able to use the "enhance" method within the Camera Raw Filter menu. 

All the settings are properly done.

I still can open the file directly in camera raw. Then save it as dng format.

Any idea what else I could do or what I´m still missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file format of the file you intend to enhance?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LUX5E4E wrote:

I´m still not able to use the "enhance" method within the Camera Raw Filter menu…I still can open the file directly in camera raw

If by “Camera Raw Filter” you mean you selected it as a layer in a Photoshop document, and then chose Filter > Camera Raw Filter, Enhance is not available that way. Enhance is available only when you open the file directly in Camera Raw, and that is how Ivartist was talking about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Conrad, and Ivartist,

It must be THE explanation/reason why.

The "enhance" method will enlarge the file size and only works with "raw"/ original data.

The Filter applies its function on an active layer of a Photoshop document.

It sounds fairy logical. Sorry for not getting it straight. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems I'm encountering is that the actual steps to get Camera Raw to show Enhanced Resolution are unclear and seem inconsistent. I have been able to use ER with Camera Raw sometimes. But, at others, it doesn't show up, even though I think I'm going through the same steps.

Here's what I know:

• I've set my prefs to open ALL tifs and jpgs.
  • I can't use ER if I first open the image in Photoshop and then go to Camera Raw. I must open it directly into Camera Raw. Is that correct? If so, sometimes when I follow this step, right-clicking on the image does not show the Enhanced Resolution choice in the menu.

So, am I missing a step? The process as I've outlined seems inconsistent to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are tutorials on youtube showing how to do it right…..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• "I've set my prefs to open ALL tifs and jpgs."  the same. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be an issue with the camera setting when capturing the RAW setting! Else you may look for a better camera. Read best camera reviews on different blogs to know the best camera which can make raw quality! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I did updates to both PS and my Macbook pro and when I open an image in bridge> enhance it gives me a pop up window that says my graphic card needs to suport metal.

I checked and it does so i'm kinda cunfussed.

Can anyone help.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines