Highlighted

Camera Raw 14.4.0.555 not reading some parameters from older XMP file

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been back to re-edit an image I first edited about 18 months ago.  When I opened the raw file (via Bridge) I discovered that, while camera raw displayed things like the changes to any manual transformations within optics, it didn't recognise that I'd changed exposure, contrast etc, simply opened the file as if these were as shot.

Clearly if I remove the xmp the raw file reverts to its original state.  But I was surprised that it didn't recognise some adjustments had been made.   

However, if I open a raw file which I edited just yesterday, Camera Raw recognises the changes made to the raw image.

Is this a known issue?

I'm running on MacOS 10.15.6, Photoshop 21.2.4, Camera Raw 14.4.0.555, Bridge 10.1.1.166

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Raw 14.4.0.555 not reading some parameters from older XMP file

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been back to re-edit an image I first edited about 18 months ago.  When I opened the raw file (via Bridge) I discovered that, while camera raw displayed things like the changes to any manual transformations within optics, it didn't recognise that I'd changed exposure, contrast etc, simply opened the file as if these were as shot.

Clearly if I remove the xmp the raw file reverts to its original state.  But I was surprised that it didn't recognise some adjustments had been made.   

However, if I open a raw file which I edited just yesterday, Camera Raw recognises the changes made to the raw image.

Is this a known issue?

I'm running on MacOS 10.15.6, Photoshop 21.2.4, Camera Raw 14.4.0.555, Bridge 10.1.1.166

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0

Have something to add?