Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw+Bridge from PS CS6 coexisting with Elements 2021

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using PS CS including Camera Raw anbd Bridge for years. My photo equipment is from teh same period, no problems.

However, I would like to progressively develop my photo equipment and be able to process raw files still with Camera Raw but with a more recent version and not restricted to the latest update of PS CS6 (9.1.1).

Is it possible to have a PS Elements 2021, including a more recent Camera Raw version, coexist with PS CS6 and Bridge CS6?

Don't talk to me about Lightroom or subscriptions, I hate them.

I am on PC with Win10.

Thanks for your assistance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would think that Element ACR would install in a different location then CS6 ACR 9.1.1 plug-in.  Element ACR would not have all the features the Creative Cloud ACR 13 has, Elements does not have all the features  Photoshop 2021.   Element ACR as far as I know has always had less features than Photoshop's ACR.  Element ACR Plug-in would not be compatible with CS6 as a plug-in.  You would need to use it from elements. I do not know if Element has support for Smart Object layers.  If it does and you open a Camera RAW file into Element as  a smart object layer. Saving the layer into  a PSD file  may cause a Problem in CS6 for if you  open the RAW object  in CS6 it would be opened by  ACR 9.1.1 in CS6 which may  be able to use the ACR setting in the smart object layer created with Elements ACR.  I feel there may be some compatibility issues,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines