Camera Raw Enhance not available on edited images

Contributor ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Ps 22.3.0 and the latest Camera Raw. Enhance (super resolution) is available on my raw images when I first open them in Camera Raw, but if I edit the resulting image in Ps and then select Filter/Camera Raw filter to open Camera Raw for further editing, Enhance is no longer available. Also, if I open a panorama of 9 stitched images, stitched in Lightroom and opened in Ps, and then select Filter/Camera Raw filter, Enhance is not available. 

I thought Enhance was available for any jpg, not just raw. Am I doing something wrong?

Any pointers gratefully received.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw filter is not the same thing as the Camera Raw processor.

Super resolution is not available through the ACR filter. You have to use the full processor (the Photoshop plugin).

The ACR filter is a subset of the full ACR, using a small part of the processing pipeline, but in a very limited capacity. It works as the name implies, as a filter, just like any other filter in Photoshop.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the simple reply. That makes sense.

With regards to my stitched panos, I guess I need to stitch them in Lr but keep them in a raw format when bringing into Ps. I'm not sure if this is possible.

Appreciate the response, cheers.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines