Highlighted

Camera Raw Filter: Can't Find Luminance

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am following a tutorial where one of the steps involved going into Camera Raw Filter and under the noise reduction tab increasing the luminance. Unfortunately, under the noise reduction tab I do not see the same options as the tutorial, as my only options are detail and contrast. Does anybody know where I can find the tool to adjust luminance if it has been moved? And if it is an error on my end, does anyobody know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

In the latest version, Luminance is now called Noise reduction.

image.png

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera Raw Filter: Can't Find Luminance

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am following a tutorial where one of the steps involved going into Camera Raw Filter and under the noise reduction tab increasing the luminance. Unfortunately, under the noise reduction tab I do not see the same options as the tutorial, as my only options are detail and contrast. Does anybody know where I can find the tool to adjust luminance if it has been moved? And if it is an error on my end, does anyobody know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Per Berntsen | Adobe Community Professional

image.png

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, my mistake lol.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg, I had the same question. But is it just me or was Luminance a more powerful tool than just noise reduction ? I feel like they have another tool that we could use. lol.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise reduction was previously called Luminance noise reduction, it's the same thing.

The other tool is for removing  color noise, furhter down. (Color noise reduction)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines