• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW Filter loses focus almost all the time.

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 with a 32 GB Ram on a windows laptop with 8 cores.

Since the newest version 22.2 Photoshop quit to work correctly. I got a lot of .NEF (RAW) pictures.
And need to rework them. I always did this with photoshop.

I've installed some panels and some extensions. I could so far determine that it's not because of the extensions. But what happens:

Often times the FOCUS of the camera RAW filter gets lost when trying to open a picture and especially trying to hovering over custom presets. Sometimes I have to restart Photoshop 20 times. It's not a hang. It's not that photoshop doesn't respond at all. Also visible in the task manager. But it loses focus.

And since the camera RAW filter seems to be modal photoshop cannot be used anymore and I need to shut it down using the task manager.

Often times:

Letting photoshop opened and waiting for 2 hours or so (didn't use the computer during that time),

sometimes solves the problem.

Using several screens or only one the problem still applies.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Like this Photoshop is no longer useful.

I got several people in the background confirming this as well for the newest version.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Camera Raw or the Camera Raw Filter? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I had stated directly in the head line:

Camera RAW filter (called directly from the filter menu in photoshop)

Doesn't happen yet, when using camera raw directly in Bridge.

But always when Photoshop is either opened by bridge (double click) or I'm already in Photoshop and want to use camera raw.

For clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the original post you wrote: 

»Often times the FOCUS of the camera RAW filter gets lost when trying to open a picture and especially trying to hovering over custom presets.«

So are you sure you are talking about the Camera Raw Filter and not Camera Raw? 

Try setting

Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Off

and restarting Photoshop; does it make a difference? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thanks for the advice. I tried both extensively now. The issue still there. Didn't happen with anyone of the further versions.

For further clarifications, I always was referring to this menu:

Opening Adobe Photoshop.

Then heading to (when a raw file is already opened - in my case Nikon Raw Format (.nef) - using the menu:

Filter->Camera RAW-filter

I'm using the German language version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Opening Adobe Photoshop.

Then heading to (when a raw file is already opened - in my case Nikon Raw Format (.nef) - using the menu:

Filter->Camera RAW-filter"

This doesn't make any sense. You first open a raw file in the ACR raw processor, and then immediately use the ACR filter on the RGB file in Photoshop?

You do realize those two are not the same thing, and that the filter will not take you back to the raw file? That particular bread has been baked, and it's now an RGB file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) and the affected dialog visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I'll reproduce it again. This or next week and then add it here. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines