Highlighted

camera raw filter

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to photoshop and I'm insanely confused. I had put all the settings I wanted in the Camera Raw Filter window, and pressed OK, continued editing etc. But, when I went back on that layer to check the Camera Raw Filter settings I put on it, it reset it all to 0, but the filter was still on the photo layer. I am just wondering how I can get that back because I'm trying to use the same settings for another photo, and can't really remember what I put exactly. Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

camera raw filter

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to photoshop and I'm insanely confused. I had put all the settings I wanted in the Camera Raw Filter window, and pressed OK, continued editing etc. But, when I went back on that layer to check the Camera Raw Filter settings I put on it, it reset it all to 0, but the filter was still on the photo layer. I am just wondering how I can get that back because I'm trying to use the same settings for another photo, and can't really remember what I put exactly. Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera Raw, hold down Shift and the Open Image button will change to Open Object. That way the file will open as a Smart Object Layer and all the settings will be maintained. 

If you don't want to do that, then after getting the settings the way you want, you can click the upper right corner and save your settings. That way you can apply the exact same settings to each file that you open in Camera Raw.

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be that you didn't first convert the layer to a Smart Object. When you do so, the application of any filter will be applied to the content in such a way that can be easily adjusted or removed at any later stage.

To convert a layer to a Smart Object do one of the following…

1. Within the Layers panel right mouse click on a layer (not the layer thumbnail) and choose Convert to Smart Object.
  2. Select the layer and from the Filter menu choose Convert for Smart Filters.

With the Smart Object selected, apply a filter the same way you normally would. The image below shows how this will appear within the Layers panel. Double click the entry within the Layers panel to edit the filter or drag it to the Trash to delete it.

capture.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines