Highlighted

Camera raw opens file but freezes up; works fine as filter with non raw file

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 12.4 freezes up when directly opening raw file. the sliders dont work and cannot close file. completely freezes up Photoshop. However when I open a non raw file and use the camera raw filter it works fine.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Axel Matt | Adobe Community Professional

Do you have Acronis True Image installed on your machine?

If yes, deactivate the "Active Protection" function od deinstall the whole program.

See also here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/camera-raw-12-0-very-slow-on-windows/td-p/10827655?page=1

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Camera raw opens file but freezes up; works fine as filter with non raw file

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR 12.4 freezes up when directly opening raw file. the sliders dont work and cannot close file. completely freezes up Photoshop. However when I open a non raw file and use the camera raw filter it works fine.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Axel Matt | Adobe Community Professional

If yes, deactivate the "Active Protection" function od deinstall the whole program.

See also here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/camera-raw-12-0-very-slow-on-windows/td-p/10827655?page=1

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also here:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solved the problem. Would never have been able to figure it out by
myself. Makes Photoshop itself run much faster. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you and three times thank you

I have had the same problem after updating Photoshop to 2021 version with Adobe Camera Raw 13. I thought... maybe it is time to upgrade my computer, and I have purchased a nre graphics card and more RAM. After that, the problem persists..

Then, I read this coment and... voilè, after excluding the directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe" from the Acronis protection it works great.

Incredible!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled Acronis and solved exact same issue. 
thank you 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 1