• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Shrinking Files

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop/Camera Raw has worked perfectly for years. Yesterday, Camera Raw started shrinking my files. I'm shooting with my Nikon D700... and I KNOW it doesn't capture at such a small file size. But, they open in camera raw, and then when I hit 'open' it opens in Photoshop, and the image is only like 2x3 inches at 300 dpi.  I've restarted my computer. I deleted the PS app and reloaded it. But it's stil happening. Anyone know what might be going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Preferences > Workflow. (click the text at the bottom of the Camera Raw window)

Then uncheck Resize to fit.

ACR-image-sizing.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU! I don't see that box anywhere. Not in PS preferences, and when I open the image in CR, there's no Preference box. ps... I'm working with the latest versions of everything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also press Cmd + K while in the Camera Raw window to bring up preferences. (Ctrl + K on  Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!  You mean click on the gear icon in the top right corner of Camera Raw to get to it's Preferences! That's a vital piece of information that was missing!

Just found it. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future reference, there are at least four different ways you can get to those Camera Raw preferences:

• The gear icon is one way.
  • Per showed you another way in his picture: Click the underlined text at the bottom of the Camera Raw window.
  • If you are in Photoshop you can choose Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (Mac) or Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw Preferences (Windows).
  • If you are in Bridge you can choose Adobe Bridge > Camera Raw Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Camera Raw (Windows). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines