• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw v12.4.0.555 layout issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not at all alone in hating the layout window of Camera Raw v12.4.0.555 in latest release and the one before that. The fix was to install Camera Raw 12.2.1. Luckily, an earlier Camera Raw release worked just fine with the previous PS release.

But Canon CR3 files cannot be opened in the previous PS release, and can only be opened in PS 2.3 with Camera Raw 12.4.0.555. The older layout window made sense, never making one scroll and scroll and scroll to find the right tools. It wasn't broken. But it got fixed.

Is there a reasonable workaround available so the logical, sensible version of the Camera Raw layout window can be used with Canon CR3 files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There is a workaround that you can follow. You can download the Adobe DNG converter from here and convert CR3 files to DNG and then open them in Camera Raw 12.2.1 https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html#:~:text=The%20Adobe%20DNG%20Conv....

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for your quick response and the suggestion. So you know,

1. I did a DNG conversion of a file but the camera lens info was not carried over, so I lost the lens corrective ability.

2. If I have a batch to do, that will take up a lot of time and space.

Again, the older Raw layout was very good, with needed tools at the top, not at the side buried under arrows, requiring the scroll and scroll and scroll to find the right tools. I realize the newer layout may have been influenced by the similar (and similarly awkward) Lightroom design.

But it's still a bad layout. So for now, I'll go back to an earlier version of Raw, and hope Adobe stops fixing things that are not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The DNG converter held the lens info this time, all went well. Still, it adds time a space. Better to see the old Raw layout, etc.

-gw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines