• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is second time when updating Photoshop I'm having problems with Camera raw and specifically with crop tool being just about unusable and whole CR is too slow. Last time I went back to 11.4.1 version and everything worked perfectly. I'm still using Photoshop 19.1.9 because it's working best for me. This time it will not change to previous version so I'm stuck with hopeless Camera Raw again. Plus latest update to Photoshop 22 is piontless because it freezes all the time!!! I just want my old Camere Raw back!!! And yes I followed all the instruction as before. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part two.  I am very annoyed with Photoshop ( well Adobe ) at the moment! Nor only last update is not working ( it freezes up ) but it managed to screw up even my old Photoshop 19.1.9!! It completely reset everything, I lost all of my brushes, action and all of my preferences and settings!! And of course Camera Raw is slow ( especially crop tool ) and some of the tool with in PS are not working as they should ( erratically ). I wonder if anyone else has same problems with older versions of PS after updating? As much as I used to enjoy working with PS, at the moment I hate everything about it!!!! And only reason for updating was to see how well the sky replacement tool works!! And funny part is I don't replace sky that often!!!! Well, that's my rant, I feel better now! But still NOT happy with PS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We are so sorry to hear that you are having these problems. 

Have you checked to see if the error you are having is beinc caused by an incompatibility with the Graphics Processor card: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

In regards to your brushes and actions, please take a look from the system level (not in Photoshop) in the folders in the Presets folder in Photoshop, and check to see if they are still there, but just not visible. If they are, then you can drag them to your desktop and import them from there.

Let us know if these help, or if you are still having this issue. We would love to help you get past these technical problems so you can enjoy Photoshop again!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michelle, thank you for your message. Well my computer is reasonably old, around 6 years. It's Intel Core i5 750/2.67 GHz, and AMD Radeon HD 5700 and 8Gb Ram. If it's good enough for latest version of PS I am not sure ( most likely not ) and I think that is why it freezes but I never had any problem with my older version of PS which was good enough for all of my PS needs. Everything worked fine a reasonably quick, from 3D to Camera Raw no problem. Why when updating to newer version of PS it has to update ( and screw everything up ) older versions too? Why not let it be as it is and leave it up to the user if he/she wants to update and if it's not working you can revert back to older version you know it's OK. This way you can go back and be happy again. And as far with the brushes and actions, I installed all the legacy brushes but none of my personal brushes I have made and other collections I had, they are gone! It took me a while to get PS to where it's workable again but still not as good as before. I'm not PS professional but I love my photography and PS was big part of that. I belong to the " one foot in the grave " generation and I just don't like to spend my days getting unnecessarily frustrated. Adobe, please be nice to us older folks! The nerves of steel I had once upon a time are now made of jelly. Thank you for your understanding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vladimir,

It sounds like you have many years of Photoshopping to do! 

Does this mean you are up and running? Albeit, somewhat slowly? Keep an eye on the Fixed issue page to see what has been taken care of -- keep this handy: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

I also wanted to tell you of another thread that was having a different issue in Camera Raw, but the information might still be relevant to yours. Check this out and see if it might be pertinent: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/camera-raw-13-color-grading-very-slow-and-lagging/td-p/1154...

And lastly, next time, (If you decide to upgrade) there is an option below the "Install" button that will allow you to install a new version of the program and leave the old one alone. I would keep an eye out for that so you don't disturb your older version that works.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michelle, 

Yes I am up and running but progress is rather slow and can still be frustrating. Especially Camera Raw and some of the other stuff I have lost. I had everything set up to blend my photography and PS perfectly and now I have to start from beginning again! I do lot of conceptual stuff too so I rely heavily on brushes and actions I have made but all of them are gone now.  After all this I have decided to upgrade my computer in next month or so and I hope to see major improvement in PS and  hopefully no unnecessary surprises. I will check out the links and see if I can find something I can use to improve my PS.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines