Highlighted

can any body tell me how to upgrade poor quality jpgs to print quality?

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any body tell me how to upgrade these poor quality jpgs to print quality please?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

can any body tell me how to upgrade poor quality jpgs to print quality?

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any body tell me how to upgrade these poor quality jpgs to print quality please?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, the image quality is so bad, that I can't think of a solution to make them print quality... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive increased the resolution to 240ppi and converted filr format into TIF-I dont know if this will surfice???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive increased the resolution to 240ppi

No, sorry, increasing the resolution of photo will never make it better. Reshoot the photos or find others in Adobe Stock or other stock service.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the budget to replace these with a stock photo?  Or the time to reshoot with better equipment/settings?

You could also use these images a trace layer to sketch over in Adobe Fresco or Photoshop if an illustrated look will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 3
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your recomendations so far Ive increased the resolution to 240ppi and converted file format into TIF-I dont know if this will surfice??? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increasing resolution and resampling and converting the format does nothing to put in pixel information that is not present in the original image, it just spreads the existing information over more pixels (and potentially adds more artifacts in the process) .  If you need sharp detail then you have to start with an image that contains that detail.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose someone brings you chicken soup. You wanted a chicken sandwich. Well, you can change a chicken sandwich to chicken soup, but there is no way to change chicken soup to a chicken sandwich.

These photos, great for use on screen, are the equivalent of chicken soup. Printers need a chicken sandwich; you just can't do it. No use messing with Photoshop, look for replacement images or don't do it at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0