Highlighted

Can I Batch resize different photos sizes by using their one side length as input

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to batch resize my photos all with different sizes...

Those want to resize to square by using one of thier side length as input...

I'm not able to do this in automation...

Is there any way to do...

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I Batch resize different photos sizes by using their one side length as input

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to batch resize my photos all with different sizes...

Those want to resize to square by using one of thier side length as input...

I'm not able to do this in automation...

Is there any way to do...

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to change an images Aspect ratio you need to crop your image if you doe not want to introduce distortion. If you do not want to crop you can use automate Fit Image the fit you images to fit within some pixel size area. Your images will be resized to fit within the pixel area you set into the fit image dialog. If yout Image have a different Aspect Ratio than that area the resized images will not fill the area it will retain its aspect ratio. You can Add canvas to those resized images so they will be the fit Image size you set. There will be borders on images that do not have Fit image area aspect ratio.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to take longest side of image and make it square by adding its value
to other side, but automatically

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a simple script that add canvas to the document so its canvas is square. Save ruler units,  Set  ruler units to pixels  if the document width is larger that the document height  set canvas size to width by width else set canvas size height by height leave the anchor point the default center one, restore users ruler units. No resizing is needed. You can set the Print resolution for what ever size you want to print the image. Print ]DPI Resolution = Width Pixels/Print Size

You could record the script in an action and batch the action with menu file>Scripts>Image Processor.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0