• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I buy/pay for photoshop, for someone else?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understood that you don't "share" your account or purchaes.

But is it possible to buy and or pay the monthly subcription fee for someone else?

I have someone who cannot affort the monthly fee but needs photoshop for work/school. Is it legal to pay for their account? Or put it in my name and just let them use it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not allowed to put it in your name and let them use it. You would both be breaking the license terms.

You could put in your credit card details when they are logged in. That wouldn't be ideal, particularly as they could buy more product on your card. If there is a legal source of 1-year subscriptions you can use that, be beware - Adobe don't seem to sell them and the market is flooded with illegal fakes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "source of 1 year subscriptions" I mean - since I left out a word "subscription card". A prepay option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Test said, there are a few places here in the USA that sell 1-year subs on a card. You could buy this card and just give them the serial number via email.

You can use *your* card to pay *his* sub but that payment info must be on *their* account. Of course, as Test mentioned, it's a matter of trust. Don't give out your card info to just anyone.

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised there's no way to gift a sub. I've noticed this with many sub-based services. Such wasted opportunities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree, there absolutely should be an easy way to do this. I'll try to forward this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay, now this all makes sense. Yes, I understand now. Thank you very much. 

I was looking for a gift option like you said and wasn't keen on the sub-card idea.

Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is very easy way to do this.  buy them a pre-paid debit card.  They could open a paypal account and you can load their card or just pick one up at the market.  It really couldn't be simpler.  Doing through Adobe, if there were a way, would be more complicated.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the payment info: If you can find a subscription card, then it doesn't matter who pays for it nor who uses it...

Subscriptions activated by these "key" cards don't auto-renew, so there is no form of payment on file with Adobe. The subscription will just run out if not extended via some manner.

And as noted by PMB, a subscription purchased with a prepaid/gift debit card works similarly.

More details here: 

https://prodesigntools.com/prepaid-creative-cloud-plan.html#key-card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can purchase a redemption code from an auhorized reseller as a gift.

Here's where you can look up resellers:

http://adobedealreg.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en

Specify your country, choose Retail or Education and then click FIND.

The educational pricing is usually better than the retail pricing, but may require a ".edu" email address at the time an Adobe ID is created and/or at the time of purchase.  

After making the purchase, the redemption code is then redeemed by the person using the subscirption with their Adobe ID:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

I've used B&H in the past, here are three links for purchasing Photoshop from them.  It's important to note that there are different plans, like the Photography Plan (Photoshop and Lightreoom only) and the Creative Cloud Plan (all apps).

• Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan with 20GB Cloud Storage (12-Month Subscription, Download) - $119.88

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1124191-REG/adobe_65259312_creative_cloud_photography_plan.ht...

• Adobe Creative Cloud (12 Month Subscription, Download, Student and Teacher Edition) - $239.88

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/971564-REG/adobe_61101764_creative_cloud_membership_1_y_stu_t...

• Adobe Creative Cloud (12 Month Subscription, Download) - $599.88

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1392534-REG/adobe_65291319_creative_cloud_membership_full.htm...

I've also used JourneyEd in the past for educational purchases.  As far as I'm aware, they only sell the All Apps subscription.

• Creative Cloud for Education - $19.99/month

https://www.journeyed.com/products/Adobe/293689

The best student pricing that I know for a subscription to all of the Creative Cloud apps is via Collegebuys.org; however, it's limted to California college students ("You must attend a qualifying college to qualify for this offer"):

• Semester License 6 Months - $39.99

• Annual License 12 Months - $79.98

https://shop.collegebuys.org/articles/ACC_Student39_Landing.htm

There is a pop-up menu to select the school.

If you're not sure about payment or activation, you can order over the phone from any of the authorized vendors listed above.  And, these are not the only authorized resellers.  These are just vendors that I have used in the past.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe offers a prepay for the annual plans as an option.

You might let them pay for it and you write a check directly to their credit card company so it does not add to any interest they may be paying if they don't pay it off. Keep track of the end date, as it will go into auto-renewal if it is not cancelled.

Jane

[This is for the All-Apps Plan: ]

jane-e_0-1616454418914.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines