• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I cancel the channel panel shortcuts?like Ctrl+2

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I cancel the channel panel shortcuts? like ‘Ctrl+2’, 'Ctrl+3'.

In my work, the default channel shortcuts is useless.

How to set the ctrl+number shortcuts for other tools? I want to set another more useful tools in my work.

Capture.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Some shortcuts you do not want to change. They are industry standard. But you know that you can create diffrent shortcuts to anything else but going through the shortcuts. Just remember to remember it! As my workflow I try to create shortcuts only to things that I need!

I never change the basic ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some shortcuts in Photoshop are "hardwired", You cannot reassign them. What you might try is Shift-Ctrl 2 ... and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some shortcuts you do not want to change. They are industry standard. But you know that you can create diffrent shortcuts to anything else but going through the shortcuts. Just remember to remember it! As my workflow I try to create shortcuts only to things that I need!

I never change the basic ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm sorry but it is not possible to modify certain shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to override the Channels shortcuts. Check the Legacy Shortcuts box doesn't override anything, it just changes a few of them to a different key combo (which you also can't override).

I can't believe this is still an issue in 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, without specific information about the software or application you are referring to, I can't provide detailed instructions. However, in many software applications, including design and editing tools, you can often customize keyboard shortcuts through the program's settings or preferences. Look for an option like "Keyboard Shortcuts," "Key Bindings," or "Customize Shortcuts" in the settings menu. From there, you should be able to redefine or disable existing shortcuts and assign new ones according to your preferences. If you provide more details about the software you are using, I may be able to offer more specific guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, @Madisson35085708zhgw  - We're talking about Photoshop. And as everyone in this thread has pointed out, you cannot customize the Channels shortcuts. For whatever reason, Adobe has decided that these specific shortcuts are untouchable. You can't even override them using a 3rd-party key binding app (none that I've tried, anyway) because Photoshop prioritizes its own shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't even override them using a 3rd-party key binding app (none that I've tried, anyway) because Photoshop prioritizes its own shortcuts.

That surprises me because in a couple of other cases people complained about shortcuts not working and it turned out that they had been »hijacked« from outside of Photoshop. 

In any case the mish-mash of customizability/unchangability of shortcuts in Photoshop does seem a bit peculiar, but with the Channels/Colors it might be a little more understandable because they also have to work in some Adjustments dialogs and not just for the Channels Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines