• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I have different versions of Photoshop CC on two different computers?

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Photoshop 2015.5 on a desktop imac and am not planning to upgrade my OS due to some older programs I need that will not run on newer OS. If I were to purchase a new imac, would I be able within my same PS CC subscription to run Photoshop 2020 on the new computer while still running 2015.5 on the old one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Yes - that should work fine. Your license enables 2 installations to be active at any given time, but doesn't specify that they need to be the same versions. I ran 2016 on one computer and 2018 on another for some time. I haven't tried it since then, but at the time, I had no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - that should work fine. Your license enables 2 installations to be active at any given time, but doesn't specify that they need to be the same versions. I ran 2016 on one computer and 2018 on another for some time. I haven't tried it since then, but at the time, I had no problems.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is no problem, other than Adobe no longer allows downloads of older PS versions, so make sure you don't need to reinstall 2015 for any reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines