• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I merge a background only in areas where there are overlaying pixels?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm really going that someone can help me figure this out. I'll try and explain the best I can.

I have a digital painting with fading transparent gradient elements in the upper layers that rely on the background layer for their opacity. I want to take those layers and have them "pick up" or merge with that opacity of the background, but only in the areas where the info of the upper layers overlaps the background. The goal is to give those upper layers with the transparent gradient elements a backing while leaving the negative spaces free so that they can then stand alone as an opaque design on a transparent layer without relying on an overall background. I'm really hoping there's an easier and cleaner way besides just merging the layers with the background and then painstakingly selecting and cutting out all the negative bits. Hopefully, I explained this well enough... Apologies if I made it way more complicated than it has to be, haha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines