• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I paste something at exactly the same position on all the layers of CC?

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I paste something at exactly the same position on all the layers of CC2019?
It is a gif image. Then I can save it back as a new GIF image.

Thank you!

adobeatha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

You don't have to put it on every layer. Just add it on a separate layer and make that additional layer visible in every frame. 

1. Add your content to a new layer with transparency at the top of the layer stack.

2. Select all 50 frames in the timeline

3. In the layers panel toggle the visibility icon, eye symbol, for your new layer either off-on or on-off-on depending on the state when you start.

Now that layer should be visible in every frame along with the original layer that was visible in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you have PSD of your original work it remains the same in every version...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your response!I want to paste sin(x) on all the layers (50) of a gif image. What does your response mean?Thank you.adobeathaSent from my Galaxy Tab A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to put it on every layer. Just add it on a separate layer and make that additional layer visible in every frame. 

1. Add your content to a new layer with transparency at the top of the layer stack.

2. Select all 50 frames in the timeline

3. In the layers panel toggle the visibility icon, eye symbol, for your new layer either off-on or on-off-on depending on the state when you start.

Now that layer should be visible in every frame along with the original layer that was visible in each frame.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I needed, Dave. I just needed to add a word to all the layers of the GIF file. I added the word only on a new transparent layer and I only selected this (top) layer and the very first (bottom) layer of the other 50. Then I saved the PSD file as a GIF image.

It worked just great!

Thank you very much.

adobeatha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines