• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I read a previous version of Photoshop's Brushes.psp settings file to find missing old brushes?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got an internal ssd for my PC and reinstalled Photoshop 2021 onto it and it only recently occured to me that I do not have access to my old brushes. I have checked various locations around my C: drive where photoshop used to be installed to see if I could find any trace of them but no dice. I checked \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop[version#]\Presets\Brushes, but all the brush folders were empty accross all the different version folders I had. As I had downloaded the .abr files years ago I no longer have any idea were I might find them again and I unfortately was not in the habit of keeping backups at the time. I was hoping to see if the Brushes.psp files from previous versions could be read and if so, contained any clues (such as names or authors) as to were I could look to reaquire my missing brushes. Any help, pointers, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?