Can I reshape .obj wireframe in Photoshop?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have specifically a bag shape .obj file that I need to fine tune and add more natural wrinkles into the bag shape manually. Not as a material or texture, but because I need the decal (once I take it into Dimension) to wrap into the wrinkles.

Can this even be done or do I need to have it reshaped in a more robust 3D program? Working in Dimension for the renders, but need to edit the mesh, and Dimension doesn't have that capability. Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 11.37.31 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can I reshape .obj wireframe in Photoshop?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have specifically a bag shape .obj file that I need to fine tune and add more natural wrinkles into the bag shape manually. Not as a material or texture, but because I need the decal (once I take it into Dimension) to wrap into the wrinkles.

Can this even be done or do I need to have it reshaped in a more robust 3D program? Working in Dimension for the renders, but need to edit the mesh, and Dimension doesn't have that capability. Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 11.37.31 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know. I do not do 3D stuff I just Play some.  I know I can view the wireframe in the 3D Layer in Photoshop.   When I edit the object Surface texture in photoshop 22.1 View seem to be busted  extras items like UV have been removed from the menu so the are Issues in Photoshop 22 3D.  I have never come across a tool  that can modify the wired frame.  The vector tools do not see the wired frame as vectors.  Transform requires the 3D layer to be converted to a smart object.  Photoshop is not a full feature 3D Application.  Look at free Blender.  I would also think Adobe Dimension would have more 3D Features than Photoshop still I don't think Dimension is a full feature 3D application.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 1
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are confirming my suspicions. Both Photoshop and Dimension are limited. Dimension is not quite there yet for real editing, and both will easily crash 3D projects. I was hoping I could at least reshape the wireframe in one of the programs.
I did manage to get to get access to Puppet Warp after converting the object to Smart Object, but the last couple times I tried, Photoshop crashed. BTW, just downloaded Blender and will spend some time with it. Looks promising!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has very limited modelling tools, 3D functionality was designed as an add on rather than a core feature. You need to use a proper 3D application to readjust your model. If you don't have one try Blender 3D. It is free, but don't let that fool you. It is powerful and capable.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0