• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I still upgrade from CS5 to CS6

New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6 for the Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Go to this page Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications and download from there.

Make sure to choose CS6 Design Standard, if you choose any of the other options, you may run into problems with the serial number.

The downloads for Full and Upgrade are the same.

You will of course need your serial number for CS6, and if CS5 isn't installed on the computer, you'll need the serial for that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first article on the Creative Cloud FAQ says you only need to check in online once every 30 days.
(or once every 99 days with a per-year subscription)

(Most of ?) Your workhorse applications, like Photoshop, are still installed locally on your computer and work without an internet connection.

Only things like the online collaboration and Cloud Storage features and possible web-based applications will stop working.

http://www.adobe.com/be_en/products/creativecloud/faq.edu.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However I purchased CS6 some 2 months ago and it STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!

Adobe have been assisting me to overcome the problems but seem unable to resolve the issues with CS6 so far.

I paid nearly £200 pound for the upgrade and all I have had so far is one hell of a lot of problems. I have never suffered such problems with Adobe products before but it seems they are not really interested in sales of a single product any more. WHY?

I think it is time they paid me my purchase costs back as I have simply had two months of aggrevation - even worse the upgrade seems to have affected my CS5 version as I now have problems with RAW which I did not have before this.

Come on ADOBE step up and  resolve t hese issues.

Peter Neate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, i'd like to depart adobe from the subscibtion plan too

but do we have any where else to go to?
I think currently no one offers products like adobe does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serif offers Affinity Photo (like Photoshop), and Affinity Designer (like Illustrator). AP is $49.99 - forever, with free upgrades and support, and Designer is $49.99 - forever. I haven't used Designer, but Photo is quite similar to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get used to it. Subscribe to Creative Cloud (IT IS NOT A CLOUD SERVICE, yes it's a stupid name!!). Or find a non-Adobe alternative. Buying CS6 is possible, but daft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just called Adobe on 1-800-585-0774 (from here) and spoke to a Sales Rep and they answered all my questions:

YES, you can upgrade from CS5.5 to CS6, it costs $525 for the Master Collection upgrade.

Individual programs can be upgraded but are severely disproportionately more expensive - Photoshop alone is $199 for instance.

The girl I spoke to didn't even vaguely try and sell me the Creative Cloud - which was nice.

Anyone who wants to upgrade, call that number.

If you're a hobbyist or a small business, I'd suggest upgrade and ride CS6 as long as you can - I don't think current support and development from Adobe is going to kill us, just my 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you run CS6 Adobe won't do anything to support or kill you. But I'd be afraid of Microsoft or Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to upgrade my CS5 to CS6, and all I get offered now is a yearly subscription payment of @£170.

This is a bloody rip off????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's Photoshop only there's a much cheaper plan. $10/month or similar. I believe the UK only offers subscriptions now. But the last time I looked at the US prices, Photoshop CS6 was the equivalent of 7 years rental. CS6 has been superseded, why would you expect to still be able to buy it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows if I can upgrade from CS5 bought in the US to CS6, even though I live in Germany now? Would it be possible to upgrade only the 4 programmes I use? (PS, DW, Illustrator, InDesign)? Thanks in advance for your help - I'm asking as my Mac is doing funny things like look like a dance-of-dying, and I've a photo exhibitoin opening in 1 month!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to buy CS6 via telephone http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html read all the way to the bottom

-this says no more upgrade version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2140965, you must pay full price for CS6

According to what I read in a forum message, Mac newer than 10.7 must subscribe to the Cloud instead of CS6... and someone with Win10 must also subscribe to the Cloud since CS6 is not compatible (meaning the sales person will ask your operating system and will not sell you CS6 if it won't run on your computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for Your information I run CS5 Standard in OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

It needed a little help at first but runs great now, not problem at all.

EAT THAT ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha!

Okay, I recently purchased a product by Serif, called Affinity Photo. It is similar to PS, but, they still have some work to do with it. However! It cost a whopping $59.00!!! AND! It. Is. YOURS! Forever! Serif swears they will not go the subscription route. They have multiple tutorials, which are also FREE, and they have forums if you need help.

Serif also offers Affinity Design, which is similar to Adobe's InDesign.

It's about time Adobe has some decent, and AFFORDABLE competition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suurtee  wrote

Just for Your information I run CS5 Standard in OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

It needed a little help at first but runs great now, not problem at all.

EAT THAT ADOBE!

You should know as you upgrade OSX, legacy products like CS5 will have problems installing and running. So  before you upgrade to Sierra and beyond, be very sure you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You right, Sierra and beyond must be tested first to be sure.

I have plan to stay with El Capitan as long as it works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software does not wear off and it seems to be problem for many companies. How to keep business and support running while no-one needs to buy a new software, this is the core of their problem. Unfortunately they do not have nothing good to offer any more, just bum off our money and make us angry or find a alternative.

Adobe subscription can be lot cheaper if they stop all this pointless development and just sell their allready good products. it can be about 25 USD year (whole collection) and it is not problem for any user to pay this. Less piracy, all happy. Additionally, if they like, they could sell some fancy dark interface whistle with higher subscription price - if someone wants to buy it... Business strategy must be built around happy consumer, arrogance is a short ride Adobe!

It is sad to see how one loved company makes stupid things and loses a lot of trust every day. It is not easy to get Consumers trust, especially get it back if its gone away. So if something will not change in Adobe stategy, its place will be filled and Adobe will become a story with a blody end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...........Adobe subscription can be lot cheaper if they stop all this pointless development and just sell their allready good products. ...........

I wonder where they would be if they had thought that and stopped developing at say Photoshop 1.0 or 2.0 ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WELL SAID!!!! Before I realized I was on an adobe forum (I found this information through a google search and hadn't paid much attention to what website I was on), I was planning on taking a screenshot and posting it their site. I'm so glad I'm not the only person that is so totally upset about this. I did the math on the last two Creative Suites I spend money on. The first one was bought in 2001 and was $1200. It lasted me 9 years for a grand total of $11.11 a month. The second one I purchase in 2010 was CS5 for $450 because I had an educators discount then. That lasted me 7.5 years before my Mac's hard drive died for a grand total of $5 a month. And now, they want 10 times that amount $49.99 a month for the full pack. And, the other things that is a real pain is that I'd be paying for 16 apps I would NEVER have a reason to use. I only use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Pro. That's it. I don't do website, film production or photography special effects. I don't need all that other stuff. I have no idea how to use it and I hate that it's an all or nothing situation. You either have the choice of Photoshop and Lightroom, Your pick of 1 app or everything. There is no in between. Why not have a "Your pick" of 2, 3 and 4 apps for other prices, WAY LOWER than $20 a month. I'm thinking $2-3 a month per app. Even $5 per app would be great, but as I showed in my examples, the prices just don't match and for people like myself who started her career with these programs and don't have time to learn new ones, I really feel stuck. I, amazingly, was able to make CS5 work on OS Sierra, for now. But who know what kind of future updates Apple will produce that will block them out. I'm so nervous about it all for the future. It just sucks. I totally understand why they don't do discs, but to not have a one-time payment option to purchase a digital copy, it's just greedy. I wish someone would find some kind of law that they are breaking as far as overcharging customers go. I mean, even Microsoft Office has a digital copy version that you only buy once. So does Quicken and I'm sure, a lot of other programs do as well.

I totally agree with what you said. I have been a loyal customer since 2001 on my own and used the products since 1998 at work. It is so sad that a company so well liked, like Adobe, could do something this greedy to it's customers. It's like they just don't care about keeping us happy at all. I'm going to hold out as long as I can before subscribing. Maybe if enough people stop using their products, they will have no choice than to go back to selling their products to their consumers.

ADOBE DIRECT NOTE: If you are reading this, please let me know if you ever decide to get out of this subscription scene. I will be the first in line to purchase the digital copies for a one-time payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can do it just go to the this link . https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I currently have installed on my Mac 'Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard'. I have boxed version for 'Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard', how do I make the upgrade on my Mac? I have no disk drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugin disk drives are inexpensive and easy to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that. But I was able to install CS5.5 without a disk drive, so surely it must be possible to do the same with CS6. I just wanted to know where the download link is? Also, is there a specific "upgrade to CS6" download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this page Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications and download from there.

Make sure to choose CS6 Design Standard, if you choose any of the other options, you may run into problems with the serial number.

The downloads for Full and Upgrade are the same.

You will of course need your serial number for CS6, and if CS5 isn't installed on the computer, you'll need the serial for that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks. I downloaded the CS6 Design Standard. It installed Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign fine, but for some reason kept failing to install Acrobat. So after a while I just manually went into the content folders, isolated Acrobat and installed that individually, seemed to do the job. Presumably that's the same version that the installer would have given me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines