Can I turn off scrubby zoom?

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to 2019 and want to reinstate the zoom option where I can use the cursor to click and drag a box, and have that box enlarge to the screen. Can't seem to figure this out. Many thanks.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019
With the Zoom Tool selected, uncheck Scrubby Zoom in the tool options bar.

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Zoom Tool selected, uncheck Scrubby Zoom in the tool options bar.

sz.jpg

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using AI 2019 and the zoom tool options are grayed out. I cannot change the scrubby tool.  An ideas?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I displayed the Control Panel and double clicked the zoom tool icon, it went back to select zoom. How I fixed it, makes no sense.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again after another Adobe update, I've googled how to turn off scrubby zoom and find myself here again. Why my preferences for this option can't remain saved is beyond me. I DETEST the scrubby zoom interface. It makes no sense that it keeps getting turned on with every update. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with Indesign 16.1. There is no option to change scrubby zoom to marquee zoom?

Scrubby zoom is very frustrating, 20yrs+ using Adobe software and I just want the option as there is in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Have I missed something? 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines