• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I turn off the automatic library scroll when adding new things?

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a new thing (in my case a graphic) to my library it automatically scrolls all the way to "Ls" where it would be alphabetically put in for "Layer 1." I have hundreds of things in my library and having to watch it scroll all the way to the L's before I can relabel it is becoming a time waster. 

Version 21.1.3

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

"usually L for 'Layer 1' "

What happens if you rename "Layer 1" before you add it to the Library?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

not sure I understand you, but just a thought, why don't you create lists on your own in the library? You can group things grouping them, eg, I have a pattern folder library and a lot of others, grouped by name of the project, name of the client and all assets are in the right place. 

Easier to find things when you need them. Included a cut of my libraries to show what I mean. There is surely a way for you to assign labels that make it work for you.

B8F6F292-4D29-4784-95D2-9EFD252A4742.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a library of logos so it's a pretty big list of things that wouldn't really benefit from being grouped together. So let's say I've got a logo .png file up in PS, I go to the libraries panel to 'add content' > 'graphic' - when I add the graphic (with the new PS update) it'll physically show the library scrolling through all of the logos and stop where the layer would be filed alphabetically within the list (usually L for 'Layer 1') and I have to rename these each time. It only takes about 3-4 seconds, but it's silly to wait for this scroll feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"usually L for 'Layer 1' "

What happens if you rename "Layer 1" before you add it to the Library?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does eliminate a step, but I'd still love to be able to have that feature turn off lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

As users, we can't do that for you.  🙂 You can add a feature request to Adobe here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

In the meanwhile, though, I hope this workaround will help.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines