• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use an external SSD as a scratch disk in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac. I was under the impression that I could use an external SSD as a scratch disk in Photoshop. I purchased a 1TB My Passport Go. It is not showing up in Photoshopscratch disk preferences as an option. I reached out to Adobe support and they said that I can only use my internal storage as a scratch disk. I have 17GB of free space left and I am working with very large print files that are constantly filling up my scratch disk. I have cleared as much as I can from the scratch disk to make room for storage. What do I need to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is how is it formatted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ExFAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed the format to APFS and it's appearing as a scratch disc option now. Thank you for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines