• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can my subscription be used on a tablet while traveling?

Explorer ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to COVID, all my travel plans for 2020 and 2021 were canceled. I have rebooked my trips into 2022 but that means I will be traveling around the world for more than 100 days during 2022.

Can I use my subscription to install and use Lightroom and Photoshop on the tablet while I am not home? I will never use two copies concurrently. I will be at sea with Holland America and will visit Nova Scotian, Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Hungary, England, Scotland, Ireland, Hawaii, several South Pacific Islands, and Australia during my travels. I will take tens of thousands of photos using my Canon equipment and with many days at sea, using the time to develop images and delete bad ones will be a huge benefit.

I have been a PS user for over 26 years and am now retired (age 70 next year).

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By tablet, do you mean iPad? The iPad version does not count as one of the two activations. It's in addition.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you are using an iPad tablet or a Windows-based tablet PC, this should be no problem.

That sounds like an amazing trip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind replies. I would be using PS and LR on a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16. It is good to know I can use it when I travel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not count on being able to use it with no or poor internet though. Being at sea may be an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OUCH. It should run without internet if the software is on the machine, shouldn't it? I didn't know internet was required to run PS, just to keep it running with occasional check-ins, I thought. I know the subscription needs to be verified but is that continuously verified?

It would do me no good to drop $4K on a pen tablet from Wacom if I couldn't use PS and LR while at sea, away from WiFi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! That definitely settles it for me. I will be in port periodically throughout my trips and can "check in" with Adobe every time we have WiFi. That won't be a 30 day problem at all. THANK YOU!

"You must connect to the Internet when you want to install Adobe Creative Cloud apps, such as Photoshop and Illustrator. Once the apps are installed on your computer, you don’t need an ongoing Internet connection to use the apps.

You can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license for a limited period. The apps attempt to validate your software license every 30 days. You receive a reminder to reconnect to the Internet to validate your license:"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't they have reliable internet on those ships now? (I mean, they're like moving cities nowadays. I watched an amazing video once of a newer ship being constructed and commissioned. It was like watching a Death Star being made without the honking planet-killing weapon.)  xD

I hope you have a fun trip, @FatherJohnNC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but they charge an arm and a legt for connectivity - like $1 a minute or more. I can get WiFi in most ports. (Maybe not Tango Tango but I had it in Chile and Argentina and even parts of rural Africa during prior trips.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines