Can no longer save files as jpegs

Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file size is not too large, I am in RGB mode, 8 bit. I even disabled the crop shield function. Even if I have only one layer in the file, I can no longer save it directly as a JPEG: PS only lets me save files as a Photoshop file, a PSB, or a TIFF. It seems I now have to export the file as a PNG, open that, and then export the result as a JPG. Why is this?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use

File > Save a Copy

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Is the one Layer actually a Background Layer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as of today. Totally screwing up my workflow as now I am constantly having to "Export As". And since I have many images to work with daily, this is a real pain. 
Tried restarting the computer and PS multiple times. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions. but it also prevents users from inadvertently losing layers etc.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»now I am constantly having to "Export As"«

No, you don’t, you can use »Save a Copy«. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines