• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can not open files

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my raw photos on a nas. i use an imac and a macbook pro m1. 

on my macbook pro i can not open the files from the nas but have to copy the files to local folder to open. 

on my imac i can open them directly. 

i get this error message.

i have tryied to reinstall and delete all preferences and install it again. 

Skjermbilde 2021-05-04 kl. 18.46.17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a newer Mac OS issue - Apple does not recognize non-Apple formatted drives and causes this error.

You'll have to wipe and reformat to the proper drive format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but no. 
it is brand new format with OS X and if that was correct the issue would be on both computers not just the MacBook Pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you're running Big Sur on both the M1 and your laptop? Did you give Photoshop Full Disk Access in your Mac security preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reading up on NAS Drives, it might also be the type of connection. SMB is preferred over AFP on the M1s. This is a technical issue between your NAS model and your M1 mac, which might be best answered in a Mac NAS forums for whatever NAS make you have, or best worked out with their support.

Example:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/mac-mini-m1-wont-see-nas-folder-synology/146647

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Morten5C06 wrote:

but have to copy the files to local folder to open. on my imac i can open them directly. 

"Recommended workflow

"Technical Support strongly recommends working in Photoshop directly on the local hard disk. To prevent data loss, save files to your hard disk first. Then transfer them to the network or removable drive in the Finder or in Windows Explorer. To retrieve files, copy them in the Finder or in Windows Explorer from the network or removable drive to your hard disk. You can then open the files in Photoshop. This workflow avoids problems that occur when network system setups or removable media device drivers are incompatible with the operating system or Photoshop."

Please read this help file to see why Adobe does not support working directly off a network or removeable drive:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines