• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not start Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start Photshop, I recieve an error that the scratch disk is full. I have 7GB of free space om my hard drive. Is that not enough?

Can I use an extern drive as scratch disk? And how can I change these settings, as Photshop does NOT start up so I have no access to any setting options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just let you know, I work on a Apple Mini 2018 Catalina Version 10.15.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Before clicking on the Photoshop icon hold down the Ctrl/CMD + Alt keys and then click to open, you should be greeted with this screen

2020-08-18 13_40_10-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

You should really try to free up space on your system drive as you will run into issues on a OS system level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Thanks for your help. I can enter the option now.

But the only disk I see is the Macintosh HD. The disk is not divided in partions. And I don't see the extern drive I have, FOTO'S.

vissers_walter_0-1597758255489.png

Or can I find a way to change the amount of space, kneeded to work with Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and make sure the drive is not exFAT formatted. Catalina doesn't work well with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your help! I know what to do now. By a new external drive as scracth disk.

And mayby I'll take an SSD.

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines