• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can photoshop don't show layername on file title bar?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I open files , the title bar shows 'filename @ 100%(RGB/8#) ' ,but when I creat layer ,the title bar shows 'filename @ 100%(layer1,RGB/8#) ',If I creat a words  layer and have many content , it will shows 'filename @ 100%(wodscontentwodscontentwodscontentwodscontentwodscontentwodscontent,RGB/8#) 'seems layername in the brackets.And the title bar will fill all big width of file title bar and I cant choose other files.

Can photoshop don't show layername on file title bar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Or obviously rename the long name layer:

Manage layers and groups in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is such an option...

As a workaround you can simply temporarly select the background layer (or a layer with a short name) of the actual file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or obviously rename the long name layer:

Manage layers and groups in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right. I just have many words layer, and have many  smart object ,many file to swaps.such mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not obvious unless you are a well-informed user. Also this is bad UX. If you open an existing document, the tab should have the title of the document not the selected layers; in fact new layers should not take on the name of the content of those layers, since, like the user pointed out, those content blocks could be long. If the document is being created inside PS, the title of the doc shold be 'NEW'+ template pattern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines