Can't access Drawing Mode in Performance settings

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a lot of crashes that seem to be GPU related. Some of the troubleshooting documentation calls for changing the Drawing Mode in the Performance preferences tab (under Advanced Settings), however I don't have that option in my PS.

I'm running Win10 10.019041
Nvidia RTX 2060 - latest drivers
Photoshop 22.1.0

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't access Drawing Mode in Performance settings

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a lot of crashes that seem to be GPU related. Some of the troubleshooting documentation calls for changing the Drawing Mode in the Performance preferences tab (under Advanced Settings), however I don't have that option in my PS.

I'm running Win10 10.019041
Nvidia RTX 2060 - latest drivers
Photoshop 22.1.0

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU support is changed in Photoshop 2021 version 22. This is what I seein Advanced settings. Old GPU are not supported or are of limited use Adobe posted. My GPU is 6 years old how old is yours?

image.pngimage.png.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack,
The RTX 2060 is only a couple of years old - I doubt it's causing the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a issue you are seeing or are you seeing a changed preferences interface where there is no Advances GPU drawing  mode option. Adobe Changed GPU support in Photoshop 2021.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is I get many Photoshop crashes/PSD handling issues that seem to be GPU related, so I want to trouble-shoot via the Performance settings. The latest documentation (dated Nov 2020) from Adobe cites the ability to change the Drawing Mode under these settings, but I don't get those options. My GPU is not old enough to consider it part of the problem here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe change GPU support in Photoshop 2021. They may have changed their preferences UI.  Adobe may no longer  have support for various GPU drawing mode.  I do not see any in the Advance GPU dialog Photoshop 2021 shows me. I will admit my Adapter is 6 years old my Nvidia GPU device driver  is a week or two old.

Adobe Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4 GPU support has Advanve drawing modes.  

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, that may not be accurate, according to this documentation https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html from Nov 11 2020 (I believe v22.0 came out in October)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the documentation page updated.  I would not expect Adobe's documentation to reflect all the changes Adobe has made.  What URL has  Photoshop GPU documentation you are referring to. This one? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/performance-preferences.html#SetgraphicsprocessorGPUsettings 

That page data is at least a year old.

image.png

Adobe Documentation is not always up to date and Adobe change  Photoshop behavior and its UI

So some information on the page you posted has some recent new information and it has old information. It not hard for me to believe some of the information may be outdated. For Photoshop module date is newer then that web page date.  The page clearly shows Photoshop GPU support  has been changed for Photoshop GPU  requirements has been changed and it is noted that old GPU may not be supported or be of limited use.  Since You, I and others see no Advance GPU DRAW mode options.  It easy for me to believe that Adobe changed GPU support no long has  different draw mode options.

Photoshop 22.1 is newer

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Ben.T LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going by this page (posted in my last comment) https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Anyway, thanks for trying to help.  I guess the Draw feature was removed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0