• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here.

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 860 Replies 860
860 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem exists on new file, reinstalling Photoshop, updating preferences and workspace, and checking the edit > menus in case video was turned off. It just doesn't show up as an option anywhere, and it really doesn't seem like any of the usual culprits. Screenshots attached, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. The only option I have is "Create Frame Animation" and "Create Video Timelimne" is nowhere to be found.
MacBook Pro 13 with M1 chipset, OS Big Sur v11.2.3, with Photoshop CC v25.2.1
The system didn't say anything about installing Rosetta when I launch the app and as far as I know the computer came with Rosetta 2 already installed so I reallt don't feel comfortable with messing with that.
So aggravating! Hope Adobe re-codes their software to run on Apple Silicon better soon.
ADOBE, ARE YOU READING THIS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset the Preferences yet (after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! We've done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they are definitely using Photoshop 22.3.0? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, definitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this thread reporting similar issues but with a workaround

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/create-video-timeline-option-has-disappeared-from-photoshop...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad it's not just me.   Reverted back to previous version.   No sense in screwing with work-arounds at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini9,1

Chip: Apple M1

Total Number of Cores: 8 (4 performance and 4 efficiency)

Memory: 16 GB

No import, no export option. Not even "create video timeline" button.

No support at all.

Therefore, it supports video in Rosetta mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

With my Macbook Air M1 and the new photoshop release ready for M1 processor I can't open a Mp4 video. With every old version I can.... can you help me? Thank you in advance.

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

With my Macbook Air M1 and the new photoshop release ready for M1 processor I can't open a Mp4 video. With every old version I can.... can you help me? Thank you in advance.

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can't open files video (mp4) with my Macbook Air M1 and the new Photoshop version (Universal, ready for Apple Silicon). With the previsous version, same computer and same system, is ok 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can't open video files (mp4) on my Macbook Air M1 and the new Photoshop version (Universal, ready for Apple Silicon). With the previous version, same computer and same system, it works ok.

Does anyone have the same issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen this thread? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-won-t-open-at-m1-macbook/m-p/11697062

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exact same issue.  Tried all suggestions listed everywhere with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to export a video from the Photoshop timeline and the option to do it as a video doesn't appear. Photoshop beta does show the "render video" option, but in the export window shows the same options.

How do I fix this?

Im using a Macbook pro M1. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.08.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.08.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-30 at 2.09.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same here. M1 machine, fully updated,  and for the record:

• Files and Folder access change does not work
  • Moving mp4 file to Desktop does not work
  • Converting from MP4 to MP5 does not work 
  • There is not even an option to Add Video to Layer in ANY mode, let alone Motion Workspace

I actually want to use PS to make the GIFs, rather than an external website. So strange that such fundamental functionality is completely broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as the above. Tried a full reinstall of photoshop and tested on 2 M1 machines. Nothing to do on opening .mp4 or .mov files to make GIFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this trouble too, do i have to install another version of photoshop (not native) or just run the same app in Roseta mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just run the same app in Roseta mode!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact issue I'm having. Did you ever find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I usually create a GIF from a video [mp4] by opening or 'import video frames to layer' (can't remember the exact phrase) but I can't do both anymore. The 'import video frames to layer' is missing entirely. And when I drag a video to the 'canvas', with the timeline window opened, it says 'No parser or file format can open the file'. 

I've updated it to the new 22.3.0 release and still nothing. Don't think I've changed any of the settings. It's so strange. Would really appreciate some assistance. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the error you're getting while trying to open the video files. Which macOS version are you working on? Have you tried videos of any other format to check if you're able to open them?

You can check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-filenamepsd-could-opened-occurs.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/3dFRlyi

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If you're using macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate