Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't activate Adobe Photoshop CS3 [CS3 is dead]

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have a problem with activating two Adobe Photoshop CS3 products. After installing them I launch the program for first time, and I get this:
maxresdefault.jpg
After I enter the activation code, it tries to activate it but suddenly it doesn't work and it shows me this window:
adobe-cs3-activation-error.jpg

I've not been trying to activate it through telephone because it should work through internet...
That's all, thanks for you help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation servers for CS3 have been shut down

More info on what to do here

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2020 and CS3 and earlier are officially dead now.  The activation servers are gone.  Adobe ended the replacement program by removing links to activation-free installers and serial numbers.  It is no longer possible to re-install CS3.

CS 4 - 6 are on life support.  Going forward, if you want Adobe product support, you really need modern software or a paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make sure I understood this correctly, the program that I've paid for on the basis of a lifetime use, is no longer acknowledged by Adobe? is there a refund?is there a solution for the customer?

You definitely can't expect me to put more money into a new product to also "have the servers retired"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Shiri5EB6,

I'm sorry to say there is no such such thing as a "forever license" and never was.  At most you had a limited, non-exclusive license to use Adobe-owned software for as long as they could make it available. 

Product support for CS3 ended in 2010.  Had you upgraded to CS6 when you had the chance, you might still have software you can use.  But that opportunity ended several years ago when Adobe pulled Creative Suite off the shelves. 

• Option #1: buy Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 (no subscription required).
  • Option #2: buy a Creative Cloud subscription plan.
  • Option #3: buy software from a competing company. 
  • Option #4: find other interests.

Whichever you decide, best of luck to you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines