• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add external SSD on MacOS as Scratch Disk for Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an external SSD formated as exFAT. My mac software is up to date as is Photoshop. The SSD doesn't come up as a scratch disk option with Photoshop but I've used it sucessfully as one with Illustrator and After Effects. I've tried resetting my Photoshop preferences and tried to see the SSD settings to see if permissions need changing but they seem okay. I'm not great with the technical side of things, is there something I'm missing? Has anyone has success resolving this problem? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exFAT doesn't work well with Catalina. New Apple policy. Lots of people have different problems with it. Use APFS or Mac OS Extended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does this mean buying a new SSD or can I reformat my current one from exFAT to APFS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines