Can't apply layer mask and save document

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating a layer mask to cut out a building on a photo, I applied the layer mask and dragged the layer into a new PSD document. When I tried to save, it gave me an error message and would not save.  I then tried simply selecting the building by clicking on the layer mask and pasting it into a new document.  Once again, got the same message.  Tried creating a new document from current state and applying layer mask and saving; got the same error message. No problem with Save as long as the layer mask remains. Can anyone tell me why?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't apply layer mask and save document

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating a layer mask to cut out a building on a photo, I applied the layer mask and dragged the layer into a new PSD document. When I tried to save, it gave me an error message and would not save.  I then tried simply selecting the building by clicking on the layer mask and pasting it into a new document.  Once again, got the same message.  Tried creating a new document from current state and applying layer mask and saving; got the same error message. No problem with Save as long as the layer mask remains. Can anyone tell me why?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read what the error was in the message you did not seem the resolve the issue creating the new document and pasting in or draging in the document with the original issue.  You new document seems to have the same error. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General advice for all things eird is to reset preferences. Save any unsaved actions and unsaved preset if you decide to reset preferences.

Also Ps and OS version can be useful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
JuliaC20 LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and PS 22.1.0. I believe the error message was cannot save due to a program error, which I have just noted, seems to be happening to others here but resulting from different causes.  I worked around it by simply leaving the layer mask there. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0