• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't complete request because if program error.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently unable to complete any work because Photoshop keeps telling me that it can't do something because of a program error. This only started happening after the new update.

I lost some complicated work yesterday as I couldn't save the file because I kept getting that message. Today I can't even crop an image without that message showing up. I type one number in the ratio box and the error comes up, click ok on message, type another number, dialog box pops up again, close dialog box, etc, etc.

Does anyone know of any work arounds for this? I would greatly appreciate any help.

It really does feel like Photoshop is always stuck in beta and we are the bug testers. Not really what I expect from a professional package. I don't expect a flawless product, but I do expect a usable one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this. I am having the same problem. I lost a project that wouldn't save after working through lagging software for 3 hours, and now have to tell my client that the work will be late and perhaps try to recreate it in InDesign or Illustrator, which seem to be working though not the same functions at all. Not impressed, haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here buddy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting "could not flatten layers due to a program error. And then I can't save due to a program error. Started with the latest update, and it's intermittent. I can't predict when it will or won't work. Once it starts having problems, a complete reboot seems to help. After one reboot, everything seemed to be working, but then I found that all of my brushes had been uninstalled. Did the preference file get recreated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

After lots of "could not flatten layers due to program error" and the "Could not save image due to a program error" and a few other program errors, I did some troubleshooting.

I'm using Windows 10 2020 update, I was using PS 22.1. Deleting the preferences file did not help. I rolled back to 22.0.1 and spent the afternoon reloading, brushes, plugins and actions, but that has fixed all of my error messages. at this point I'll wait for 22.2 before I upgrade again. And as I should have done before, I'll do a drive image before upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commenting beacuse I have the same error and lost SO much hard work and I have NEVER been more frustrated. This is completely unnaceptable that this error is not fixed yet and I can do nothing about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haley

I rolled back to 22.0.1 and I've been working all afternoon with no errors at all, Completely fixed my issues.

Just be aware that rolling back to an older version is like a clean install and will wipe everything. Make copies of your actions, brushes, plugins folder, workspaces and anything thing else custom that you waant to keep. 

Spent about an hour getting back up to speed after rolling back but it was so worth it to be working error free all afternoon.

Mickey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today I saw the 22.1.1 update, 22.1 was a total failure for me (see above), but today I made a drive image, held my breath and did the 22.1.1 update.

I have tried all of the things that were causing me to get the "program error" message, and I can't get get it to fail. I rebooted, tried again, opened and closed lots of layers, ran several actions and still no problem.

So 22.1.1 seems to have fixed everything for me. I wish I knew what was wrong before, but I'll settle for problem solved.

Mickey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines