Highlighted

Can't Dock floating tool panels into window photoshop cc2018/2019

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to dock floating tool panels into my window, it just isnt working on either version of photoshop. I have window>application frame checked and I have 'enable floating document window docking' checked as well. Any feedback would be helpful thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Dock floating tool panels into window photoshop cc2018/2019

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to dock floating tool panels into my window, it just isnt working on either version of photoshop. I have window>application frame checked and I have 'enable floating document window docking' checked as well. Any feedback would be helpful thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround to use workspace templates that are already docked and just configure those. Still though, if I completely undock the workspace, I cant redock it. Seems like something very simple that should work seamlessly  at this point considering how many iterations of photoshop have been made.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that it is not a problem in cc 2019 on Windows 10 version 1809 what OS are you using???

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a mac with the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it was user error; i kept on trying to dock by pulling the panels towards the top of the page, instead of to the right side or bottom. Works now. Thanks.

Edit: As a warning for other users, I figured out the reason I was having this problem is because I'm using the Magnet app (Magnet – Window manager for Mac ) to arrange my windows, and it appears to hinder the functionality of rearranging panels in photoshop. So if you have to rearrange panels, make sure magnet is temporarily off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I'm having the same issue, but I don't have that Magnet app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows so there is no Magnet Mac app.  You need to drag the tool bar to Phtoshop's Left or Right Windows frame and hold it there till the frame's edge turns blue then let the mouse  button go.  There is some delay before the frame turns blue.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 1
NHPhoto4 LATEST
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The answer to the 'non-docking' panel groups for me was in your sentence 'There is some delay before the frame turns blue.' I was expecting to see the blue docking confirmation line immediately on offering the panels up to the side of the window. It does take a few seconds to appear.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0