Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag anchor points in square shapes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Since the realease of 2021 version somethings gone wrong with my shapes.
1 - When I draw a square shape, I can't see the shape until I release the tool;
2 - When I try to drag 2 of the 4 points in the shape by selecting it with any kind of tool (pen, direct or anything) and use my keyboard to move the pixels, all the shape nudge instead of moving just the 2 points I selected. 

Before this update, everything was normal and good. I need help, because I can't have any precision without it and it is URGENT!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

I noticed that too. The shapes have a problem: pen tool (or any selection tool) isn't working on them properly. You can't nudge the bottom of the square, because it nudges the whole square, not just the 2 points at the bottom that you want. Also, we have double points for the corners, a bug that came with the last update when they changed the shapes.
I found a way to get around the bug: I deleted the double points one by one and save the new square as a costum shape. Now, I have the correct respo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - I solved the problem by increasing the thickness of the red line designated for shapes. Before it was 0.5, now it is 1. But I want to draw attention that I didn't need to do it before. In the previous version, I was able to see the shape format while dradding to build the square just fine.
2 - I had to drag the points one by one in 30 squares and count how many pixels I moved each to align them all. This is a big problem.

Also, another problem appearred:
3 - the square has 8 points instead of 4. I'm not talking about the rounded one, but the straight square. When I drag the side of the square, it reaveals the unwanted extra corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that too. The shapes have a problem: pen tool (or any selection tool) isn't working on them properly. You can't nudge the bottom of the square, because it nudges the whole square, not just the 2 points at the bottom that you want. Also, we have double points for the corners, a bug that came with the last update when they changed the shapes.
I found a way to get around the bug: I deleted the double points one by one and save the new square as a costum shape. Now, I have the correct response to adjust points with pen tool or whatever. But it is lame. I was hoping that the last bug fix update actually fixed some bugs, but... Nothing about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It isn't a real fix, but that helped a lot. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines