Highlighted

Can't enable Scrubby Zoom. Tried many things.

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OpenGL option is greyed out. I just updated my drivers and nothing. I've tried Basic, Normal, and Advanced, restarting the program every time. Nothing has changed. My GPU is a Geforce GTX 970. I can't find whether or not it supports OpenGL. I've tried every possible solution I've found on google and nothing.

Gonna be real, I don't think I will pay for a program to paint in if I can't even drag scroll for zoom. I'll already be sacrificng the ability to keybind individual brushes by switching to this program which is quite an inconvenience to me. SAI and CSP both have that feature. Not being able to rebind Alt+right click for tool size is also quite... dumb.

Getting into photoshop has been horribly frustrating. I don't understand how it's so revered. I've wasted hours just trying to get to a point where I can actually do something in it. Obviously I'm annoyed, sorry.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chuck Uebele | Adobe Community Professional

It doesn't look like your card is listed on the tested graphic cards:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't enable Scrubby Zoom. Tried many things.

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OpenGL option is greyed out. I just updated my drivers and nothing. I've tried Basic, Normal, and Advanced, restarting the program every time. Nothing has changed. My GPU is a Geforce GTX 970. I can't find whether or not it supports OpenGL. I've tried every possible solution I've found on google and nothing.

Gonna be real, I don't think I will pay for a program to paint in if I can't even drag scroll for zoom. I'll already be sacrificng the ability to keybind individual brushes by switching to this program which is quite an inconvenience to me. SAI and CSP both have that feature. Not being able to rebind Alt+right click for tool size is also quite... dumb.

Getting into photoshop has been horribly frustrating. I don't understand how it's so revered. I've wasted hours just trying to get to a point where I can actually do something in it. Obviously I'm annoyed, sorry.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Chuck Uebele | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ouch. so i guess i need to go spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars on a new GPU to use PS.. I'll have to bench that for now. 

thanks a lot for the link. that clears things up i believe. I know my card isn't top of the line but i never expected any painting software to demand more. 

edit: might be able to get a GTX 1050 for under 200 actually... hmmmmmm idk if it's worth it but I've heard so very many good things about Photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Resetting preferences? If not, Reset Photoshop preference settings then Restart photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have not but i haven't changed anything other than the fixes listed all over google. I've checked other tabs but I only made changes in Preferences>Performance>Advanced Settings

post above cleared things up io think. my GPU doesnt support OpenCL. Rip

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Zain PS LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

So as this is a new thread just a few months old, I wanted to add a solution to the ongoing discussion.

I've been breaking my head for the last few weeks due to a sudden slow performance in Photoshop, greyed out features like Scrubby Zoom, Lighting Effects, OpenCL Option and worst of all, the Detected Graphics Processor area blank, when it previously showed my GPU details.

Although I have a great gaming PC with Nvidia GTX 960 GPU and all of these above features were working and its performance was super smooth before the new updates to Photoshop.

I tried many of the suggestions from different threads within Photoshop (too many to mention here), rolled back my Nvidia Graphics Driver, updated to a new one, tried changing settings form the Nvidia Control Panel, etc. and nothing seemed to work at all . . . Until I finally found the solution on this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/scrubby-zoom-greyed-out-on-photoshop-21-2/td-p/11245872?pag...

I just tried it a minute before writing this post and I can attest to it, downgrading Photoshop to 21.1.3 worked and my Photoshop now works superfast with all the advanced features and the Detected Graphics Processor area now mentions my Graphics Card details perfectly.

Thanks to those who suggested this solution and hope Adobe fixes this in a future update soon. It is unfortunate to see new updates that downgrade performance and features like this.

PS: My Geforce GTX 960 works perfectly after downgrading, so your GTX 970 must work the same or much better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1