Can't export transparent PNG from art boards

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using photoshop art-board for a year, and last month I suddenly couldn't export transparent PNG. I can't seam to get the background "off" . as apposed to a file with no art-boards - where the background looks like a checkered background. If I export from there it works , and is transparent. but I ave a file full of little pop ups, and I need their background transparent and not white. anyone have a clue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't export transparent PNG from art boards

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using photoshop art-board for a year, and last month I suddenly couldn't export transparent PNG. I can't seam to get the background "off" . as apposed to a file with no art-boards - where the background looks like a checkered background. If I export from there it works , and is transparent. but I ave a file full of little pop ups, and I need their background transparent and not white. anyone have a clue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Show a screenshot with the layers panel included.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG_white.png

The white box is smaller than the art-board size, it should be transparent around the borders.

This is also on my colleagues computer - so the file itself seams to be wrong.

can you help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a White background at the bottom of the layers ? if yes, Turn its visibility off

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there isn't a layer with white. that is what is puzzling to me - there is white - and I can't find what defines it. also with all layers of, there is still white, no checkers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to select PNG-24 if you want to preserve transparency

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The artboard has a transparent background and I see it fine in the file. When I export Export > Artboards to Files (or any other way I can think of!), it changes the transparent background to white. I have tried it as a png 8 and png 24. Transparency is checked.

I'm thinking this is a BUG and not operator error, but I am happy to be shown differently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2018 0
Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check to see if after effects is interpreting it correctly. To do this, select the PNG in the Project panel in AE. go to File > Interpret FootAge > Main. In there, check to make sure that the Alpha Channel is being recognised and selected. If not, change the options to “Straight Alpha”

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2018 0