Highlighted

Can't find helvetica neue font in typekit

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PSD that uses helvetica neue heavy and helvetica neue light.  However, these exact fonts are not listed in Typekit but it's an Adobe font.  Is anyone able to get these fonts with the "portfolio and or performance" plan?  If not would you recommend that I buy the fonts from fonts.com or a similar seller?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi poeticArt,

Adobe does not bundle any version of Helvetica with any applications. Nor is it available via TypeKit.You can find the alternative for Helvitica from Adobe Typekit.

Photoshop uses the operating system fonts. Windows does not have Helvetica, Mac OSX does. Therefore it will show up in the Mac version of Photoshop.You might have used it as well.

You have to purchase it separately and install it yourself in Windows or get a Mac.

Refer How do I get "Helvetica" fonts for free when I use indesign by the creative cloud?

Regards

Sarika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't find helvetica neue font in typekit

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PSD that uses helvetica neue heavy and helvetica neue light.  However, these exact fonts are not listed in Typekit but it's an Adobe font.  Is anyone able to get these fonts with the "portfolio and or performance" plan?  If not would you recommend that I buy the fonts from fonts.com or a similar seller?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi poeticArt,

Adobe does not bundle any version of Helvetica with any applications. Nor is it available via TypeKit.You can find the alternative for Helvitica from Adobe Typekit.

Photoshop uses the operating system fonts. Windows does not have Helvetica, Mac OSX does. Therefore it will show up in the Mac version of Photoshop.You might have used it as well.

You have to purchase it separately and install it yourself in Windows or get a Mac.

Refer How do I get "Helvetica" fonts for free when I use indesign by the creative cloud?

Regards

Sarika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2015 1
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi poeticArt,

Regards

Sarika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sarika.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2015 1
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what that means

"You can find the alternative for Helvitica from Adobe Typekit."

What is the alternative?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion - we have a list of Helvetica alternatives that are offered on Typekit. You can find that here:

Alternatives to Helvetica | List | Typekit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2017 2
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Molly. That helped a lot.  I'm using Nimbus Sans now, which seems to be pretty close to Helvetica Neue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2017 0
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems these curated lists do not exist anymore on Typekit. Does anyone know if they have been moved elsewhere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andi,

Currently, these have been removed from fonts.adobe.com. We're focusing on Font Packs going forward. Are there any specific Font Packs you'd like to see?

Cheers,

Benjamin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

thank you for your explanation. It was a very helpful way of finding fonts for the quite typical scenario, that I receive files (Illustrator, Cinema 4d, etc.) from a designer, and will do an animation for the client. Oftentimes there are fonts used that I don't have and cannot price in, but having a similar font will do the job. So it was great to have an approach via "alternative to ...". For me it was the ease of use and the time saving, since I do not know the alternatives by heart.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2018 2
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I would expect from this useless reply by adobe is that. You can use ........  as an alternative to Helvetica!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any plans for adding Helvetica and Helvetica Neue? 90% of all the work I do uses Helvetica Neue. An "alternative" won't suffice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 4
Explorer ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Need Helvetica Neue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact Typekit, with its position and access price, doesn't include such a staple font is scandalous.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0