• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Find My Color Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, quick Photoshop/Lightroom question. About a year ago I was playing with color profiles in Photoshop/Lightroom (the ones like Camera Vivid, Adobe Standard, etc). I know that in Lightroom, they had these, but also extended ones as well. They were in categories like "Camera Matching, Artistic, Modern, Vintage, etc" I know that Adobe Photoshop camera raw has four or five of them, but some are missing.

I swear I remember being able to apply the same "Artistic" or "Vintage" color profiles to images in Photoshop that I did in Lightroom. But now I can't seem to find them. All I can do is set things to Adobe Standard or Camera Vivid when I first open camera raw, but that's it. Am I miss remembering about all of Lightroom’s profiles/presets being available in Photoshop as well?

Note, this is not a question about things like sRGB or ProPhoto profiles. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Hi

In current Lightroom Classic click where shown

davescm_0-1599172121798.png

In current camera raw - click where shown:

davescm_1-1599172131791.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You will need the Photoshop 'Filter Gallery' to apply the effects you mention 

Have a look here and see the section on "Filter Gallery" please:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/filter-basics.html

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the effort, but it seems like this is not what I'm referiing to. I know about the filter gallery you mention, but that does not have the same camera profiles for photography that Lightroom has. Unless I'm missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, but no one in the Lightroom or Photoshop forums seem to quite understand what I'm saying. Could be my fault. So I have attached screenshots below. The first/left is showing what I have avaiable in the latest versin of Camera Raw/Photoshop 2019. The second/right shows what I have avabaile in Lightroom Classic. Why can't I find the same profiles in my Lightroom screenshot over in Photoshop. I'm 99% sure I was able to apply all these in Photoshop before, just can't seem to find them now. Perhaps the versions changed? I'm using a newer version of Photoshop than before. Perhaps I need to import them? Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? Perhaps I misremembered being able to do everything in Photoshop that I did in Lightroom?

lighphotov1.jpglighphotov2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In current Lightroom Classic click where shown

davescm_0-1599172121798.png

In current camera raw - click where shown:

davescm_1-1599172131791.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:

I seem to have stumbled on to the solution. So the previous version I was using of Camera Raw last year DID have all the profiles. Since then, I updated to an "in-between" version of what was ababile now and today. It was more limited with less features for some reason. I just downloaded the installer and upgraded to the latest version, and everything is back. And I can  confirm, all my Lightroom stuff is the same in Photoshop. So sucess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines