• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Photoshop to use latest ACR - 13.2

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed ACR version 13.2 (b/c I want to use the new Super Resolution feature). When I open a RAW file in ACR, it says I'm in ACR version 13.1. I don't know how to get that version to work.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are use using a PC or a Mac. If  you are using  a PC the only "Camera Raw.8bi" plug-in file on your machine should be in folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats" It should have  replaced the 13.1 version file.  Here is the windows is Windows file properties.  Make sure it is the only   "Camera Raw.8bi" files on your system.  There should not be any other Camera Raw Plug-in files in any other Photoshop Plug-in folder. All Creative Cloud version of Phtoshop will uset the common Camera RAE plif-in version 13.2

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks so much for replying. I found the Camera Raw.8bi file and it's the older version - from Nov 2020. I don't know how to get the new one. When I access the Creative Cloud App and try to download ACR V13.2 , it says that I have the latest version and doesn't give me a way to download it again. If it installed, it clearly didn't overwrite .8bi file. What do you suggest doing now? Again, I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I downloaded and installed ACR version 13.2"

Did you update camera raw using the CC desktop app?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated to ACR 13.2 using the CC desktop app but PS doesn't appear to be using the new version. (When I open ACR, it says V13.1.) Any suggestions on how to get it to use the new file? I can't install ACR 13.2 b/c it says that I'm up to date (it doesn't give me the option of installing it again).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Did you ever resolve this? I have the EXACT same problem (although I'm on a Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have the option of updating ACR 13.2 any other way, as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall PS and it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines