Highlighted

Can't get pressure sensitivity in mouse mode

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new PC and I also use an Intuos 3 with it.

Fired up CC and I get the warning triangle.

I looked around for solutions and found a thread on here that talked about unchecking/re-checking the Windows Ink option. At first I couldn't find it but finally, after turning it on to pen mode, I saw the option, unchecked/re-checked it and sure enough, pressure sensitivity came back.

Problem is I never use pen mode, I use mouse mode. As soon as I switch back to mouse mode I get the warning triangle again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't get pressure sensitivity in mouse mode

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new PC and I also use an Intuos 3 with it.

Fired up CC and I get the warning triangle.

I looked around for solutions and found a thread on here that talked about unchecking/re-checking the Windows Ink option. At first I couldn't find it but finally, after turning it on to pen mode, I saw the option, unchecked/re-checked it and sure enough, pressure sensitivity came back.

Problem is I never use pen mode, I use mouse mode. As soon as I switch back to mouse mode I get the warning triangle again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think in Photoshop Pen mode would be better to use then mouse mode for painting.  However using either mode in Photoshop  I have Pressure sensitivity.  I do not use Microsoft  Ink.  Old versions of Photoshop only support Wintab  API.  So  for my Wacom Photoshop Pen mapping I uncheck Use Microsoft Ink and  for new version of Photoshop I and the PS Configuration file to my preferences to use Wintab Api.  All other Application use Microsoft INK.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to do that? can't find an option in the preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That is not a preference option but something that you save into the Photoshop settings folder.

See info here under "Other tablets" (it talks about Windows 8 and Photoshop cc2015 but applies equally to Windows 10 and Photoshop CC2018).

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I tried that. Not only did it not work, it didn't do anything at all.

I heard one person say you can't have pressure sensitivity in mouse mode full stop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I think JJMack was right in his earlier answer that Pen Pressure needs Pen mode

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be the Wacom Model I have a Wacom Intuos Pro and pressure work for me in either Pen or mouse mode. Mouse mode does not show the use Microsoft INK option which I do not use anyway for Photoshop I use Wintab. I can use pressure in either mode in Photoshop however I find mouse mode hard to use I always use pen mode.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be. It's an older Intuos 3 which doesn't work with the current Wacom drivers and I have to install older ones.

But it would be just the thing to spend a few hundred dollars on a new tablet, only to find it didn't help!

I'm also getting a few more weird things like CTL, ALT and SHIFT pop up in a little box whenever I press them. Plus, when I press down and hold it there for any length of time, I get a circle and then the right click menu opens. So many issues. May as well revert back to an older version of Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

I am using a brand new Intuos pro and always use Mouse mode on my work PC using Windows 10.

At some point, pen pressure stopped working while using the same tablet.

It deffinetely used to work.

It is driving me mad not having it. I have cleared all drivers and re-installed and flushed photoshop settings.

Would be super thankful for any help 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you check out this link posted by Dave above

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

Also take a look here

No Pen Pressure Adobe CC2015, Windows 8.1, Wacom Intuos 4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a textfile in a text editor such as Notepad.
Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings\

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines