• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get rid of TRANSFORM box when on MOVE tool

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that JUST started the past 2x I've opened up Photoshop CC. I have used PS for YEARS, and never had this, so not sure if it's an update or a setting I turned on, and if the latter, HOW DO I TURN IT OFF? haha

So basically when I choose a layer by merely clicking on the layer in the layer panel, it now puts up the transform frame (as seen in this pic) around the layer's object/item on the screen. This proves to be a very annoying feature (like I literally hiss and worse!!!) as it makes it difficult to drag it/move it without resizing, etc--especially for smaller objects. It used to only show up when I was "transforming" it... but there isn't even an option to approve the change (and thereby remove the frame). It's just there on any item once I click on that layer in the layer panel.

this is zoomed in to show you it on the small period. How the heck am I to move it without transforming it unless I zoom WAYYYYY in and at that point, I can't see where I'm moving it to.

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 11.16.33 AM.jpegScreen Shot 2017-01-01 at 11.20.43 AM.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Hello Darbi,

All you need to do is uncheck the 'show transform control' box

tcc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Darbi,

All you need to do is uncheck the 'show transform control' box

tcc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to hug you right now.

THANK YOU. I must have accidentally clicked it on. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure, that is such an easy thing to do by mistake and really irritating when you don't know how to turn it off. A very Happy New Year to you and your family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same problem occur occassionally and did not know what to do! It drove me crazy. Glad I stumbled upon your tip. I have been working on a photo for about 1/2 hour trying to figure it out. Now I know. An easy fix. Thank you. Happy Holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew it had to be something I mistakenly clicked or un-clicked. I've lived with this for a week, and that was at least six days too long. Thanks so much. This was truly irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was driving me CRAZY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O-M-G! A GREAT BIG THANK YOU from me as well! As the others have said - I also thought I must've clicked on something by mistake. That darned transform box was DRIVING ME NUTS - especially when I was trying to move a very small item in my design, but couldn't see where it was going because of that box!

Thanks again - Happy March!  - L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they would change that little box to read, 'ALWAYS Show Transform Controls' it would have cleared this confusion up for me, when I also accidently clicked that box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines