• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for native full-screen mode on macOS

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say that full screen apps is a wonderful idea. I can start in such a way some of the apple apps (safari, imail, numbers) - I like switching between them. It will be desirable to enable this option for Ligtroom & Photoshop (both CS and Elements) to behave in similar way under new Mission Control stuff...

Idea Under review
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016
As of versions 6.6 and CC2015.6, this is supported in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012
I thought I'd take a moment to outline OS X's fullscreen mode in relation to Photoshop's Full Screen Modes and explain why we stuck with our Full Screen Mode:

Here's the short story: If we replace Photoshop's Full Screen mode with the native 10.7 full screen mode, then our users will loose the following functionality:

• The ability to use multiple displays while in fullscreen mode

• The ability to switch between different document windows while in fullscreen mode

This in not something our long...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 386 Replies 386
386 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of no "Mac OS" full screen mode illustrates a fundamental flaw in Adobe's UI: a tunnel vision of an exclusive digital biotope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a dinosaur thats lost touch with it's target market. If theres any industry on earth where you really need to be making good ux and ui,  it's the industry that caters to the ux and ui designers. This is how Blackberry and Nokia became what they are today - no vision and a disconnect to their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I switched from my Windows laptop to the macbook, and I really distressed about problems with PS CC ((( full screen is really ugly and useless...why we need to pay for that??? Sorry for my awful English, but I can't keeping silence about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem that goes back quite some time. Lightroom full-screen is very nice, you get all the screen space and the tab is named "Lightroom". I noticed that Nimbus follows the Lightroom model. I don't know why Photoshop doesn't follow suit.

Please Adobe - make the UX consistent for the imaging applications! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, do you hear us? Adobe do you hear us?

Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you. We rely on your products to fill our image management needs. Just tell us if you are going to fix this, no alternative facts!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 6 years and this is a basic OS functionality. I use Mac's native fullscreen mode for my work every day (except for Adobe apps of course which I pile on top of one another on the desktop.) Please please please consider updating your apps to support this unless you are secretly trying to get your customers to switch to PCs or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of the blue, I can't go fullscreen on Photoshop. I have the latest Photoshop CC, MacBook Pro, High Sierra, the green expand button on the left upper side of the window has the "+" instead of the fullscreen button. Anyone has the same problem? Gone, poof!! It works in other apps (Lightroom included)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maximising the window is not supported on Photoshop CC 2017 release under the new Mission Control in High Sierra. As of versions Lightroom CC (2015), this feature is supported.

However, if you wish to go full screen mode, you can do so by selecting the "Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar" option;

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 9.28.03 AM.png

Regards,

Eashan Misra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop does not have the green Full-screen double-headed arrow button on Photoshop or Bridge in either my Sierra or High Sierra laptops. Just the Green +

That sounds normal. Pressing F on your keyboard will get your image into Fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eashan,

I had the ability to do that earlier yesterday, to use the little green button with the two arrows. I didn't change anything in my system, it just changed to the + out of nowhere.

But more important look what happens when I go to full screen mode (A bar where the dock was stays there, and adobe won't let me expand the window beyond that. I know it's kinda hard to see, my wallpaper is a bit dark.)

I know I can hide the toolbar (in all screens), but I don't want to do that. Fullscreen mode works fine in Chrome, Lightroom and all other apps (the dock disappears, and windows go all the way to the edge of the screen)

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.55.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 11.02.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some further research, came across this page:

Known issues - Running Photoshop CC on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Installing the plug in took care of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That explains it. My dock is on "auto-hide."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, just to not let this feature request die: Please give your apps a real MacOS fullscreen mode. The world out there isn't all just CreativeCloud, there are rules even you are well advised to stick to (like native OS functions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still the biggest daily frustration I have with Photoshop and with every new version it's the thing I hope most will be fixed. I can full-screen most other apps, and flick between them effortlessly, but not the heavyweight trio of Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign. Even the youthful Muse falls short in this respect. In fact, of the Adobe apps in my dock only Xd seems to have seen the light, which is perhaps why its icon has nicely rounded corners, to signify that it will be more comfortable to handle.

Please, please, please, on bended knees I plead to you Adobe: put my many years of license payments and monthly subscriptions to good use and fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "many years of license payments and monthly subscriptions" is the reason they don't fix it. Adobe doesn't need us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable, I pay monthly for a program that doesn't support the mac way of moving fullscreen apps to spaces.

Yet Lightroom offers this functionality. WHAT IS GOING ON!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a while now i have not been able to go fullscreen in Photoshop. Instead of the 2 arrows you have to expand to window and make it fullscreen. It randomly became a '+' sign. Lightroom isn't affected by this problem, but photoshop cc 2018 is. Contacted the customer service and we have literally tried everything but nothing seems to work. After doing some research i found out this exact problem came up during photoshop 2017 and an older MacOS sierra version.. 

I need to fix this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would really like to see this in CC2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply auto hide the dock using command+option+D

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not the point. Adobe needs to support the native full screen mode that nearly all other professional software on the Mac does. It’s about more than the dock. With the dues I’ve paid for CC they could hire a team to sort this problem out, they just don’t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to bring this up in Photoshop Family Customer Community

Adobe has product managers there that can better discuss this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely works. Thanks Shivams. But they still need to make it like photoshop where you can go full screen without using trick just following minimising tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe this has not been implemented for Photoshop yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, seriously, 5 years and this is not implemented in Photoshop?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would really like to see this in CC2020

Votes

Translate

Translate