• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import Brushes Photoshop CC 2020

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand in Photoshop CC 2020 you no longer use the Preset Manager to import brushes. I know that there is now an IMPORT BRUSHES... choice when you look at the menu attached to one's already loaded brushes. But, when I select that and go to my brushes folder, I see no abr files at all.

Am I doing this incorrectly?

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 3.24.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Just spent hours trying to load new brushes using CC2020. How frustrating.  Watched all of the You Tube videos, read all of the Adobe Community Support References. Grrrrrr!!!!

Anyway. It is piss easy. Download the brush set from the internet, then open your File manager/Finder, navigate to your Downloads folder - and - wait for it - double click on the .abr file. It goes straight into your Photoshop CC2020 brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was having the same problem. Then I disocvered at the bottom of the brushes panel there's a folder with my new brushes in it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding?!?!?!? Just that?!?!?! Ugh I really hate Photoshop sometimes....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wished it was that simple for me.  All my brushes are DNG files, therefore, will not convert.  I'm waiting on a response from Kelvin Designs now to see what they can do for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are still struggling with the brushes not working in the latest 2021 version, I recently just went from 2020 and had no issues. But now, I had to do extra steps. I had to click the Import option for the first time. So if you're still struggling try the Import option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't' even an option in 22.0.0 Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help me. I try to download a custom "torn paper" brush, but it's compressed, I've spent a total of 13 hours trying to decompress, how do I do that & some files I've managed to accomplish that but they won't transfer to photoshop, please help me. I've watched 44 different videos of the course of 13 hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this exact problem. Turns out if you drag the .abr file onto the PS logo in your dock (Mac)*, the brushes are automatically imported. 

*I don't know what the PC equivalent would be, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro no way. This did it. Oh my lord I spent forever and thought this thing was crazy. That was so easy. Thank you and I wish wealth upon you and your family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GUYS  NOTEEE 

SO MANY GUYS ARE DOING THIS MISTAKESS  

IAM ALSO DOING THIS MISTAKE 

PLEASE EXTRACT BRUSHES THEN YOU EASILY OPENE VIA PHOTOSHOP

EXTRACT HERE OPTION THEN YOU OPEN PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "Extract"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract from a ZIP file, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thanks, mine come automatically extracted. For some resason they no longer add themsleves when I click the extracted .abr. The new Monterey is making a lot of other fk-ups on my Mac too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anybody still has an issue that Photoshop doesn't recognize brushes in 2022 - I just tried to add brushes to Photoshop and it didn't work (didn't recognize the files), neither is there a Photoshop folder with a brush folder on your PC anymore where you can copy the brushes into.
GUYS - you need to download Adobe Bridge. That solved my problem. You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows > Brushes

Select New Brush Group from the fly-out menu and name it.

Choose, as required:  Append / Import / Get More Brushes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I was searching for ages and didn't find the solution online — I thought I might leave it here:
If you have a TPL you have to go a different way that is called " Load Tool Preset " (see in the image attached)
All credit goes to Retro Supply Co. (their brushes are amazing!)
I hope that helps everyone that went astray like I did.

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 9.43.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having an issue similar to this which is related to brushes but not to the way you get the brushes. I have found a pack of brushes for a separate application, and want to import them all into photoshop but theres 600+ of them and can't spend the time opening each one to add them to the brushes folder. I recently wrote an 'app' which allows me to convert as many images as I want to another extension but im unsure what image properties the abr file has to have. The script I am using is imagemagick, found here, and I'm currently using the convert, strip and grayscale tools to accomplish this, although it's still not working. Every time I open the .abr file in photoshop or open it on my desktop it says that the file is not compatible with this version of photoshop. I cant seem to find any brushes on my computer from photoshop that I can compare the output from my app to and was wondering whether anyone had any insight or knew what the properties of the file have to be to launch in photoshop 2020? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines