• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import Brushes Photoshop CC 2020

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand in Photoshop CC 2020 you no longer use the Preset Manager to import brushes. I know that there is now an IMPORT BRUSHES... choice when you look at the menu attached to one's already loaded brushes. But, when I select that and go to my brushes folder, I see no abr files at all.

Am I doing this incorrectly?

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 3.24.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Just spent hours trying to load new brushes using CC2020. How frustrating.  Watched all of the You Tube videos, read all of the Adobe Community Support References. Grrrrrr!!!!

Anyway. It is piss easy. Download the brush set from the internet, then open your File manager/Finder, navigate to your Downloads folder - and - wait for it - double click on the .abr file. It goes straight into your Photoshop CC2020 brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue. When I go to upload my brushes it only detects TPL files. Not any ABR and it's very annoying because all my brushes are ABR files! URGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent hours trying to load new brushes using CC2020. How frustrating.  Watched all of the You Tube videos, read all of the Adobe Community Support References. Grrrrrr!!!!

Anyway. It is piss easy. Download the brush set from the internet, then open your File manager/Finder, navigate to your Downloads folder - and - wait for it - double click on the .abr file. It goes straight into your Photoshop CC2020 brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG can't believe it was that simple after so many unsuccessful tries, Thanks 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the file manager?

What about is it under, I am new to 2020 version and I downloaded my brushes  but going to edit,presents and present  manager does not give me brushes.  Only contour  and tools.. I have also went to import and  export  I dont know where all the brushes are I have imported 

So perhaps your way would be easy if you can give me a little step by step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File Manager is what people who drive a Windows computer use to move files around.

Finder is what people who prefer Apple computers use to move files around.

They are system management programs. Absolutely nothing to do with Photoshop or Adobe.

Just use the program for your version of computer.  For example - where do you usually find files that you have downloaded???  Find them, and click on the .abr file and it will automatically find it's way to Photoshop and load itself into the Brushes directory.

Then when you open Photoshop, click on Bruhes and SCROLL DOWN to find the new brushes - you can not see them from the top of the brush setting. You may also have to click on the new brushes to see more than one of your new brushes - usually there are lots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fran this was extremely helpful, I have been searching the internet to figure out how to download previously purchased brushes. I have a Mac & it is exactly as you say; find the ABR file in my downloaded files (finder for me on a Mac) & double click. When it asks in a pop up which application to use, choose Photoshop. DONE. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this 3 times now and every time I return to photoshop they have gone. Does anyone know how I get them to stay there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, which version of Photoshop are you running? 21.1.2 is out today, and I think your issue was fixed in 21.1.1 (check in help>system info...) 
To update, use the Creative Cloud app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using the newest version. I updated it yesterday, downloaded all my brushes, shapes, gradients and patterns again and it’s deleted them all again. I make logos so this is really frustrating. I’ve never had a problem until recently.

Thanks

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I suggest to create a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff. Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible, especially stating the version that you are using.
Did you try to delete the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will do this. No I haven’t done that yet, I will give it a try

Thanks

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you direct me to some instructions on deleting preferences. I've searched lots but can only find old ways which don't seem to work anymore. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're KIDDING me! I just went through the same process! Welp, can get back to the actual project now, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally. After 3 hours someone with a solution which works. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't solve it I tried this and it just says 'there is no application do download this' and when I hit Search App Store to find the app I'm apparantly missing, it says there is no app available in my Country/Region. on Mac ios, creative cloud, Photoshop2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this! Saw a response on this thread that said to drag the .abr file to the Ps logo and it automatically moves/loads your brushes to photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue with the 2022 version and this is the only thing that worked. Thank you so much!!! But also why won't the doublt click, or the import method work? How is anyone ment to figure this out on their own? Ugh..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the only thing that worked for me!!! thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having this issue, how exactly did you solve it, I don't know where the Ps logo is to drag anything to, thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOUUU SO MUCHH, YOU HELP ME A LOT!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMAZING! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for saving ME hours of frustration. I LOVE you for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having trouble with my brushes. I did double click on them but not on this newer version of photoshop (2024) any ABR files tells me it can't be opened and need to find a proper program to open them and to look into the App store for one. How come??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just double click the brush file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried double-clicking but it is not in PS when I go to the brush picker.  This is beyond annoying.

Laura Macky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines