Highlighted

Can't import to Photoshop and back to Lightroom desktop

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I imported a photo from Lightroom CC (file, edit in Lightroom) to photoshop. Once I fixed the photo in photoshop, I am trying to reimport back into Lightroom (share button, add to Lightroom photos). It initially says writing tiff format, but then disappears and doesn't do anything. It never reimports back to Lightroom and if I try to do it again, it says "an unknown error has occurred. Please try again later." Any help would be appreciated!

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't import to Photoshop and back to Lightroom desktop

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I imported a photo from Lightroom CC (file, edit in Lightroom) to photoshop. Once I fixed the photo in photoshop, I am trying to reimport back into Lightroom (share button, add to Lightroom photos). It initially says writing tiff format, but then disappears and doesn't do anything. It never reimports back to Lightroom and if I try to do it again, it says "an unknown error has occurred. Please try again later." Any help would be appreciated!

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that you cannot edit a file from Lightroom desktop to Photoshop and save the changes back into Lightroom dekstop.

Which version of Photoshop and Lightroom desktop are you using?  

Does the Lightroom desktop app stops working while editing and saving back a specific image or image format from Photoshop?

Would you mind resetting the Lightroom app preferences to default? Press and hold the keys Shift + Option + Delete (Mac) or Shift + Alt (Win) keys while starting Lightroom. A dialog box should appear asking you restore the preferences. 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0