• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install third-party plugin in Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developer indicated double-clicking the .ccx file would initiate Creative Cloud and I would be able to add the plugin. Double-clicking in fact generates a request for an app to open the file with. Photoshop doesn't recognise the file. Is there a way to add manually?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

I installed it by using the AdobePluginInstallerAgent.app.  For Mac, right click the .ccx file, select "Open With", then "Other", click the "Always open with", then enable "All Applications", then track down where the above app is.  For me, it was in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/UPI/AdobePluginInstallerAgent/AdobePluginInstallerAgent.app  It's a convoluted process but, I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it by using the AdobePluginInstallerAgent.app.  For Mac, right click the .ccx file, select "Open With", then "Other", click the "Always open with", then enable "All Applications", then track down where the above app is.  For me, it was in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/UPI/AdobePluginInstallerAgent/AdobePluginInstallerAgent.app  It's a convoluted process but, I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Eventually found it as well. Not sure why it was wasn't avaialable under "Open With" but I've now set it as the default for Adobe plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried navigating to the AdobePluginInstallerAgent, but it still does not install the app. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I found the installer app (path in above post by scotts31062326) I simply dropped the .ccx file onto the app icon and everything worked from there.

Then, if you right click on the .ccx file you should now see the installer app as an option to "Open With" for this file extension. Select the installer app as the default. Next time you double click a .ccx file it should install automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open the .ccx file with the AdobePluginInstallerAgent, but still get the error code -10, invalid data file extension.

Before, I have un- and reinstalled the Creative Cloud Desktop App as well as Photoshop.

I am using Win 10, 64 bit

Any ides how to resolve this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's another solution.  

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/RemoteComponents/UPI//UnifiedPluginInstallerAgent/UnifiedPluginInstallerAgent.app

Drop the file on the UnifiedPluginInstallerAgent.app to install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do this I still get "Couldn't install plugin, please try again. Error code-2" any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me on Photoshop 2022, thanks Demetrius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem resolved.

The reason the installation did not work with AdobePluginInstallerAgent.exe was the total length of the path and filename.

I moved the installation file to c:\temp and it works without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines